Search products on list of categories

csim

Hello,

I've a list of categories : that's ok, I create a table via Fabrik and I show them with a list.
Products are related to these categories. I will create another table and another list to show the products.

On the list of categories, I must show a search field to the products : how can I do this ?

Best Regards

So you want a way of showing the products in any given category, from the category list?

Create a join element in the product list, pointing to the category table.

Then in the category list settings, under the Data tab, Related Data, enable the "List" for products.

If that's not what you are trying to do, you'll need to explain it differently, so I can better understand.

-- hugh

Hello,
Ok
So I'm trying to explain it better.
I've got a page with a list of categories of products.
Each category points to a page with a list of products.
And each product in the list points to a page of detail.
So three pages.
In this three pages I must show a general field of search : "Search a product".
After having filled this field, the search will be shown in a new page.

How can I do to create this field (in such different types of pages) ?
I've begun to use a fabrik list module to create field but when I publish I've got a blank page on the list of categories.

Best Regards

Have you tried using the Fabrik Joomla search plugin, which lets you specify Fabrik lists to be included in the built in J! search module?

-- hugh

Hello,

Sorry but I don't find this plugin : I didn't find it on my Joomla and I didn't find on the downloads of Fabrik website.
Where is it ?

Best Regards

CSIM, if you don't find it on your Extensions "Discover" list, you can update to latest github version github.com/fabrik/fabrik (joomla 2.5 version) and then Discover, and install the Fabrik Search plugin.

Enabling this plugin allows for you to be able to do extensive searches through fabrik data.

Unless you mean you want to filter data, then that's a simple 1 option change, but I think you were looking for more complex than this.

Thanks, so I have found it on github and installed plugin.

How does the search works ? Do I have to parameter something about the fields in Fabrik ?
For the moment, when I'm searching with a word in the name of one product, Joomla search doesn't find anything but a new checkbox appears (Fabrik / records)

Best Regards

After re-reading the thread, I just don't think we support the kind of search you are looking for, except as an element filter on the "products" list, for searching for products with a given category. I can't really think of a way of searching the other way round, in the Category list, for products in that category.

-- hugh

If you need just one search field on the category list, then I do think this is possible, but its going to take a bit of setting up.
For it to work you are going to need to have a category_id field in your products list to link the product to a single category.

The idea is that you would use the fabrik content plugin to embed a form in your category list page.
This form would be what we call a 'search form' in that is will
* contain a hidden field with the current category id
* contain a text field for the user to type the product name
* Have a form redirect plugin, which will redirect to the product list, filtering the list on the search form's criteria

We have a video tutorial on making the search form, which you can view here http://fabrikar.com/help/tutorials/form/3/26

Another thought might be to use the related data option - this will enable you to see how many products each category has, and provides a per row link through to the products filtered on the category

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back