[WorkAround] Issue with File Upload Plugin

BodgeIT

Joomla 3.3.3, Fabrik 3.2
When I load this element in a form via the form module in the sidebar, during page loads, it momentarily expands all the elements, that are in the same group(effectively all of them), before reverting back to the required dimensions. I have Ajax Upload enabled. See image.

It seems to be displaying the crop canvas. When I set the default height/width from 400 down to smaller than my module width, the expansion doesn't occur but I still get the giant 'Close' button.

I have crop set to no.

Only way I could quiet this down to a workable level is to display:none both the crop canvas div container and the 'Close' input element.

Image 490.png

I've noticed with this plugin that "styling" values added to the element are broken or conncatenated.
The $dropBoxStyle passed to the div.plupload_container element as a style in \layouts\fileupload-widget.php but is missing a ";" to seperate height and width styles:
Code:
<div id="applications___candcv_container" class="plupload_container fabrikHide" style="height:200pxwidth:230px;">

I just can't see where $d['dropBoxStyle'] is constructed.

Can you try to modify ...\plugins\fabrik_element\fileupload\fileupload.php
Line 2370
$dropBoxStyle .= 'width:' . $w . 'px;';
to
$dropBoxStyle .= ';width:' . $w . 'px;';

Hi Troester,
Thanks for getting back; I changed 2336 from:
$dropBoxStyle = 'height:' . $h . 'px';
to
$dropBoxStyle = 'height:' . $h . 'px;';

Cleaner.

Yup, I just focused on the width;).
Is it working now?
I've seen the effect some times, too, but are not able to replicate with my setups at the moment.

Hi Troester, yes that fixed the styling mashup up but I still cannot get this plugin to work with Ajax Uploads turned on. My client needs multiple file uploads.
Issue I have now is the Preview modal window is showing when loading the page, the upload button is missing and I get a JS error: TypeError: $ is not a function for the CANVAS.js script.

Weird thing is this was working before so I suspect some conflicting JS but at a loss.

What is your element setup (ajax, crop..)
What's the form setup (ajax validation, multipage form, form in content or module, fabrik template...)
Which Joomla template (try with Protostar)
Which browser

Is the element in a repeated and/or joined group?

Hi Troester,
Element: Ajax uploads for multiple file selection only, no crop, no remote storage, no verification.
Form: No Ajax (this pretty much made form unuseable), single simple form displayed in module, template is overridden bootstrap template.
Joomla Protostar: Element did work with Protostar but broke again when another module activated on page. This module didn't affect the plugin when enable/disabled in yoo_moreno template s I took this as a red herring.
Element is not repeated nor joined.

I have now finally had some success with this. The plugin behaves much better when SEF urls are activated. The upload button has returned and the Canvas issue has dissapeared.
Seems a bit bit flakey though to only work properly when SEF is on but it I guyes it could be something else related to that?

My first reported issue with this plugin is not the only flakiness of this almost totally unreliable element:
  1. Sometimes it loads OK, sometimes it loads a massive 400x400 chunk of white space instead.
  2. In some unfathomable situations, the ajax version of the upload button doesn't load at all.
  3. When Ajax uploads active, it allows you to select files and shows upload status but prevents the form from submitting.
Will someone please have a look and see what can be done to improve it.
I'm not the only one having issue with it.

Hi Troester,
Sorry about frustrated message, very late night, very tired...4 hours break through sleep provided the answer.
NoNumbers Sliders and/or Modules anywhere, causing most of the issues. There were however no JS errors or clues and I had tired to disable previously to check with different result...gremlins I guess.

I have restructured my page to work around. File Upload plugin seems more stable now.

My issue has returned and for the life of me I cannot find anything causing the problem.
I am also getting a new error in console:
TypeError: window.getSize(...) is undefined

Previously I manage to fix the issue by removing reliance on 3rd party plugins on the page that caused issues (NoNumbers) but I am not using those now and the plugin was work for some time. I can't put my finger on what has changed because there has been so much.
With 3.5 and PHP7 and millions of 3rd party component and template updates.

Could anyone please help me on this?
The settings for my plugin have not changed from above. I don't use crop but need Ajax to support multiple file uploads.
Thanks
Gary

Which exact Fabrik version are you running?
If it's not the latest GitHub version: backup and update

BTW: Fabrik is not officially "php7 ready", there may be issues

Hi Troester I've tried this on 3.4.3 and 3.4.2.

I get that 3.5.1 not officially supported but don't think this is a php issue. I have also reverted the dev site back to 3.4.8 and I still have the issue.

Last edited:
No, you missunderstood.
Joomla3.5.1 is officially supported (you must run at least Fabrik3.4.3) but not PHP7.

But there have been a lot of modifications since the official Fabrik3.4.3 (Fabrik3.4.4 should come out soon).
Those modifications/fixes are in the Fabrik GitHub "master" branch.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/

So update from GitHub (after a backup!) to get the latest Fabrik code (you must run Joomla3.5.1, you should run PHP5.6, with PHP7 there may be issues).

Hi Troester, current PHP is 5.5+ Joomla ver 3.5.1 and now running Github version of Fabrik.

Now I have lost my 'Browse' and 'Upload' buttons all together.

Still seeing the same JS issue.

Just as an update to this, after numerous attempts at updating to latest Fabrik, I'm still left with an issue where the buttons for Ajax loading don't appear, they are hidden with a display:none.
Console reports:
no content option set for window.html in /media/com_fabrik/js/dist/mootools-ext.js?bust=1467622153:2​
and
window.js?bust=1467622153:2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'y' of undefined in /media/com_fabrik/js/dist/window.js?bust=1467622153
If anyone could offer some help on this or suggestions I would be most grateful.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back