Can't Connect after Reinstall of Joomla

DLayman

I'll try to keep this short, but I'm having this problem for a second time now...

I installed Joomla 3 and Fabrik 3.1 and went to work. Then, I decided to make some design changes and, since I hadn't gotten too far into the project, decided to just scrap the whole thing and start over.

I uninstalled Joomla, then reinstalled. Then I went to the Joomla Extension manager and reinstalled Fabrik.

Now, when I go to any of the Fabrik menu options through the Joomla Components menu I get errors that Fabrik doesn't exist - either the log doesn't exist or the packages don't exist, etc.

I've read through the discussions re: 500 errors, etc. and everything points to checking the connection to the database in the Fabrik Menu. HOWEVER, I can't even get to the Fabrik Connection menu to check/change/test the connection, because I get the same error 500 - the connections don't exist on the new database.

So, bottom line, Is there some other way to install/re-install Fabrik with preset database ids, or another way to set/change the database connections to Fabrik through Joomla, or C Panel, PHP Admin, MySQL, or somewhere because I can't get to any of the Fabrik menu items without an error.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.....

Not sure what you mean with uninstall/reinstall Joomla.
Assuming you have a recent Joomla (3.3.6) try to download Fabrik3.2 and install again.

Not sure what you mean with uninstall/reinstall Joomla.
Assuming you have a recent Joomla (3.3.6) try to download Fabrik3.2 and install again.

Uninstall means - I went into my host and clicked the option to "Uninstall" Joomla. Then I Installed Joomla a second time ie. "reinstalled", which is why I now have a different database ID.

Yes, it's the most recent version. Also, I did download Fabrik 3.2 and installed that through Joomla. But I still can't get into any of the Fabrik Menus..... Which is why I'm here.

I have no idea where Fabrik stores the Database info or how to get there without going though the Fabrik Menus.

It's Solved!

After double-checking the Fabrik Extensions through the Joomla Extension Manager, I found that all of the Fabrik elements in the "site" location were V3.2. However, the Fabrik Administrator Component in the Administrator Location, was still showing V3.1.

Not sure why as I'm assuming all of the V3.2 elements came from the same/only zip file I used for 3.2?

Anyway, after Uninstalling the Fabrik Component V3.1 and Installing V3.2 again from the WinZip file, all is back to normal.

HI. I have the same problem. I reinstall Joomla, (clean all files and destroy and recreate empty database) and then, the entire site was restore with Akeera backup. All OK, but the list don't work. No problem reports, nothing, but: 1) List are blanks, do not show any data, although they are in the database. 2) Connection say OK. Test OK. 3) Forms are duplicated and triplicated as soon as I edited.
All components are 3.2, now and before reinstall, Nothing change.

I appreciate any help. May thanks (and sorry for me english)

Thanks for responding. I did it. No change. Connect OK because the list, show the structure,however does not show the data in the table. Any idea?​
And second... each time I edit the form, the components show duplicated? May be corruption? Virus?​
Many Thanks.​

The Akeeba backup is coming from where, containing what?
Same server? same MySQL version? Same Joomla and Fabrik version?

Not sure what you mean with "I reinstall Joomla" (why did you do this)+ "the entire site was restore with Akeera backup"
If you are doing an Akeeba restore (via kickstart) you don't do a Joomla installation before.

"Blank list": showing nothing at all (no title, filter...)? or showing "no data found"?
Do you have prefilters set?

The Akeeba backup is coming from THE SAME SITE. Same server, same mysql, all. Same Joomla, and Fabrik 3.2.
Joomla 2.5.28, php 5.5.20

WHY? Because I tried to update to Joomla 3.3.6 and as I had problems , I decided to go back. OK?

List show "no data found" but datas are in the table. prefilters? -the same as before.

And second... each time I edit the form, the components show duplicated? May be corruption? Virus?
Many Thanks.

Reinstall Joomla = Clean all files and recreate database and restore by Kickstart. I hope i have been understandable. Many thanks

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back