• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Autofill problem - urgent!

rbuelund

All of a sudden i get this error when the autofill plugin is triggered - worked fine until 6/10 where i think i updated to Joomla 3.3.6 ??

I have filled in the "xxxxxx"

Error message:

<br />
<b>Warning</b>: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in <b>/home/xxxxxx/public_html/components/com_fabrik/helpers/arrayhelper.php</b> on line <b>276</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: key() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in <b>/home/xxxxxx/public_html/components/com_fabrik/helpers/arrayhelper.php</b> on line <b>278</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined property: stdClass::$__pk_val in <b>/home/xxxxxx/public_html/plugins/fabrik_form/autofill/autofill.php</b> on line <b>169</b><br />
{"__pk_val":null,"xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema___department_foreign":"xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema_student___department","xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema___department_foreign_raw":"xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema_student___department","xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema___birthday_foreign":"xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema_student___birthday","xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema___birthday_foreign_raw":"xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema_student___birthday"} SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

So, you expect someone from Fabrikar to understand your issue, build a test environment with (say) J3.3.3 and some version of Fabrik (you don;t say whether you are running e.g. a recent GitHub or not) and an autofill example, then upgrade to J3.3.6 and try to reproduce the problem, and get back to you within 24 hours???? And all this for only 60$?

I know organisations that pay $100k for support with big IT companies and don't get a response for several days.

Patience my friend, patience.

{"__pk_val":null,"xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema___department_foreign":"xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema_student___department","xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema___department_foreign_raw":"xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema_student___department","xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema___birthday_foreign":"xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema_student___birthday","xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema___birthday_foreign_raw":"xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema_student___birthday"}
Is this what is in your mapdata?

No - that is the error i get when i watch the console in firefix while changing the watched element.
This is the mapdata that is in the plugin:
{"xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema_student___department":"xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema___department_foreign","xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema_student___birthday":"xxxxxx_fabriktable_bonusskema___birthday_foreign"}

Beware - this worked perfectly before I updated Joomla. After I discovered the problem, I then tried to update Fabrik to the latest build - but the problem persists.

Did you change anything else beside updating Joomla?
What are your autofill settings (Data + Options)?

Maybe I als? updated Community Builder to 2.0 - but I cannot remember when that was. I have changed nothing in the Fabrik settings.
Autofill settings are:

Data
Connection: Site
List: Student
Lookup field: Please select
Field to observe: Elev

Options
Trigger: Please select
Edit original record: No
Autofill confirmation: No
Autofill on load: Edit Forms only (I have changed this after the error - it said No before)

Check the setting of your "Elev" element.
Assumed it's a dbjoin to Student the value must be id[recommended]

I'm trying to log in to your site, but the username/password in your My Sites doesn't work, and neither do the credentials my Last Pass has for your site.

-- hugh

"Check the setting of your "Elev" element.
Assumed it's a dbjoin to Student the value must be id[recommended]" - this is set correctly

Hugh - yes Elev is a join element who's "value" is the PK of the Students table

I have re-enabled your access to the site - With the credentials under "My sites"

BTW, did you enable PHP error reporting when you upgraded J!? The error in your original post is the result of some warning notices getting output with a JSON response to the AJAX that sets up the autofill. If you turn error reporting back off, it may just start working again, although I still need to log in and see what's going on.

-- hugh

The login works now. I did not enable error reporting. I only see the error when I turn on the error concole in firefox. It is not shown on the form.

I believe that the variable and value set: "__pk_val":null" - shown in the error should be the value of the dropdown which is obviously empty=null ?? Although there has been made a selection

It should be the value of the PK of the search list matching the value of the drop down.
If the drop down is a dbjpin to your search list: do you have a prefilter on this list?

gesendet mit Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back