Questions about emailing forms

Good morning, I have a question which I hope makes sense

I want to create a form to inform various organisations. I intend to have a group per organisation.

Once the information is put into the form I want the form to be emailed to the relevant organisation but not the other two. Is it possible to have the form split up like this?

Example:

------------------------------------------------------

Group 1 - Information ABC

Group 2 - Information DEF

Group 3 - Information GHI

Email 1 = Information ABC

Email 2 = Information DEF

Email 3 = Information GHI

Hope that makes sense, essentially I want the groups to be email in different forms to different email recipients.

Well pretty much anything CAN be done. Is there a reason each one is not it's own form (my guess is yes, but you did not specify). To do what you are asking (or at least I think you are asking) on one form with multiple groups would require quite a bit of custom coding on the submit to determine which group(s) to process then propagate the corresponding email template(s) and send them.

Thanks genyded. The reason being is that I am building a site and the feedback I have had from potential customers is that they want it all on one page and select the companies to email. So you have it right - Each company has its own group and I want to be able to email only those that they have chosen to email

I can do most things but this is beyond me ;)

I have done the form and I am trying to find a way of resetting a group before the form is submitted which I have raised here. But if you are able to suggest a way without doing this, that would be much better...maybe have a check box at the end of the group to confirm the group is emailed?

Thanks for your time

If you have or can can set up a test site and message me access (I'll need admin access to add code)... I can take a look. That would probably be much faster than trying to do it via thread replies.

I do, but probably would not have time to do something like that until Saturday afternoon (CST). If you still need help then you can send me the info and a proposed time and I'll reserve that slot 100% for you.

Dale

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back