• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Error trying to create package...

Parisi

I am up to date as of this morning. How do I get past this?

Trying to create a new package:
An error has occurred.

500 JForm::getInstance could not load file​

I have tried to make this work. For some reason now the New works. I then select the list and forms and save it. Then I choose export. When I click to download the package I get an error:
Forbidden​

You don't have permission to access /tmp/GTI/pkg_GTI_1.0.zip on this server.​
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.​

The only issue is the path is wrong it is in /home/site/public_html/tmp not in /tmp from the server POV. I have no errors with permissions as far as Joomla is concerned.

Now on to the second issue, I manually downloaded the package file and installed it on a new site with Fabrick pre-installed. It seems to install fine, there is new menu under Components but it is empty. There are no lists, forms, groups or elements in the Fabrik component either.

Help!

Additionally I have now tried to manually do this. By exporting all the tables. But I get an error when trying to import the SQL

Error

SQL query:

--
-- Dumping data for table `hosts_present`
--

INSERT INTO `hosts_present` (`id`, `date_time`, `hosts_root`, `hosts_present_main`) VALUES
(1, '2014-09-18 17:02:05', 'MH', NULL),
(2, '2014-09-18 17:02:19', 'KR', NULL),
(3, '2014-09-18 17:02:28', 'Justin Holcomb', NULL),
(4, '2014-09-18 17:02:37', 'Steve Parks', NULL);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'​
I REALLY need this to work ASAP.

Double help!

Thanks
Paul.

It is installing a new component which is - as you say - empty.
You are managing those new lists... inside the standard Fabrik component.
Here you should see an additional dropdown in the list/form/group... listing where you can select your package.

But as I said: it's very much work in progress. I wasn't able to install a package without errors.
SELECT * FROM #__fabrik_packages WHERE external_ref <> "" AND component_name = 'test'
Notice: Undefined variable: rowid in C:\xampp54\htdocs\j33\tmp\install_544bc5df7665e\packages\install_544bc5df9140e\test.manifest.class.php on line 62

Notice: Undefined variable: row in C:\xampp54\htdocs\j33\tmp\install_544bc5df7665e\packages\install_544bc5df9140e\test.manifest.class.php on line 62

Catchable fatal error: Object of class JDatabaseDriverMysql could not be converted to string in C:\xampp54\htdocs\j33\tmp\install_544bc5df7665e\packages\install_544bc5df9140e\test.manifest.class.php on line 62

I can see the package in a dropdown which is showing "Select status" instead of "Select package" but if I select my new package all list/form... listings are empty.

ok, post crossing.
It seems your host_present DB table contains data?
So there is already an existing Fabrik installation with lists...?

No this was a clean install. The first SQL import should have worked but it did not, it gave an error, I don't have a record of it any longer. I then had to drop all the Fabrik tables and exlude the host_present table to allow the import to succeed. It is a good thing I did not need the host_present table. I think I have it working now.

You should really add something in the UI to use at your own risk or a note that it is experimental.

Well - I thought it worked - but it turns out that I have the form, group and elements in my new site but NO list.

Now what?

Yes - did all that. I just tried to create the list by choosing the table but the list does not show up in the lists view in the Component.

The lists table has two entries in it the original one and the new one I just added manually - yet they do not display in the component UI.

What Troester said ^^.

Whenever you import the #__fabrik_connections table, you MUST edit and save the settings one time in the Fabrik back end, to make sure your site default connection in Fabrik EXACTLY matches the J! settings.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back