List Filter via URL Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, sorry, this is a bitch, I'm working on it as I get time. As mentioned, the filter code is some of the most complex and hard to debug code in the whole of Fabrik. And until I can work out how to replicate this, I'm a bit stuck. So I'm just trying different changes and settings permutations until I find the clue I need.

-- hugh

Thanks for the update, please let me know if there is anything I can do on my end.

I hope this can be resolved before my subscription runs out next week on 10/25 as this single issue was the reason I took out the subscription.

I think the only way I'm going to make any headway with this is if I can get an Akeeba clone of your site to set up and debug locally. I just can't provoke this problem on any of my test setups. Not my favorite way of solving issues, as it eats up a huge amount of time, but I'm pretty much at a dead end on this at the moment, so don't really have much choice.

Are you familiar with using Akeeba to make a full archive of your site?

-- hugh

No problem Hugh, sorry this one is such a headache.

Yes, Akeeba is a wonderful tool and is on my site. My login info is in My Sites, feel free to download a backup file from the Akeeba output folder (administrator/components/com_akeeba/backup). Extplorer is installed.

Hmm, maybe it went to junk? I've double-checked the spelling... hugh.messenger@

Email resent but I think all the needed info is in post #24? Here it is again too.

Login details are in Fabrik My Sites. eXtplorer is installed or you can use FTP.

My Akeeba archive files are here: /administrator/components/com_akeeba/backup/

The JPA file starting with 20150511 is fine but any would work. I just keep a few recent copies on the site.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Ack phfft, I forgot search in gmail doesn't search spam.

Got it.

It may take a few days. It's a pain to set up these things, as it's not just a case of setting up the Akeeba site, I have to create an Eclipse project, on a virtual machine running on a remote desktop using an exported file system ... so it takes a few hours just to get to the point I can debug.

-- hugh

*friendly bump*

Please review, this issue has been open 9 months and I am nearing the end of my 2nd subscription on this thread. As a long time user and supporter, I understand Fabrik is extremely busy battling many fires, but it is really frustrating as a paying customer to have this persistent uncertainty with a feature not working as documented. I fully appreciate this one is a tough one to troubleshoot but it would at least be helpful to have sense of whether it will or can be resolved so I choose my next steps on this accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back