pb view databasejoin elememt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, how parameter checkbox element for it have like element radio element? when a check a choise in checkbox element : l want the other choise are deselected. I want this, because when my databasejoin element is declared as a radio element or dropdown, without explication : it displays the id instead of the content of element .....

This is what the "Render as Radio list" is for.
No idea what is going on at your site.

Which Joomla template?
Which browser?
Any 3rd party components doing wild JavaScripting?
Is the issue in the frontend/backend?
Anything special with your form setup (e.g. in an Joomla article, in a module)?
Can you post screenshots of your element settings?

Firstly ... rendering as a checkbox completely changes the behavior of a join element, as it then has to be treated as many-to-many relationship, and we have to automatically create a "map" table, to link the multiple selections. So it's no longer a single value stored in the main table, it's multiple rows stored in a separate table.

Secondly ... as troester says, if you want it to behave like a radio, then set it to radio. Not checkbox. Checboxes are for multiple selections. Radios are for single selections.

-- hugh

Did you switch the same dbjoin element from checkbox (where you have done some input) to radio on a list with existing data?
This won't do, it's totally different storing.
Create a new dbjoin element.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

l creat a new list and a new database : "plateforme_Situation_professionnelle"
with a new element "Situation professionnelle"

http://screencast.com/t/CNREzz0j

l enter text of element :"Situation professionnelle"

After l creat a databasejoin element that in relation with "Situation professionnelle" (view type : list dropdown)

http://screencast.com/t/O1NDrahzy

and l have in view list (after tape a entrie of the form : the id and not not value in "Situation professionnelle" ...)
http://screencast.com/t/etsGf0It1e

This is totally strange.
Can you check
- your Fabrik connection? (Open, check all parameters, re-save); do you have multiple connections?
- in your list Situation professionnelle:
is the primary key ("Data" tab) selected and set to id?
anything special with this list, e.g.
is it a copy from an other Fabrik list or a list linked to a MySQL view?
is the id element published?
is the id element linked to a parent element?

Can you make sure you have a full database backup?

There's something weird going on with your site, and there's a couple of things I'd like to try, but I don't want to mess with anything without knowing you have a full backup.

First thing, you have about 250 elements in your "trash" that really need to be emptied, as those elements are still in the Fabrik metadata tables, and for join elements, still have entries in the #__fabrik_joins table. Probably nothing to do with the issue I'm seeing, but we really need to get rid of all that trash. REMEMBER - when you "trash" something in J! / Fabrik, it doesn't actually get deleted right away, you have to then filter the view by "Trashed", and actually empty the trash, which is what deletes those objects from the database. If you never empty your trash, you can start to get strange issues, like with name conflicts.

Anyway ... from what I can see, your join elements seem to think they are not on the main J! site database, even though they are on the Fabrik connect #1 ("site default"). But if I edit that connection, Fabrik is telling me it doesn't match the J! default, even though it has the same database name, user, etc. So I'm going to have to put some debug code in to see what's going on there.

Let me know as soon as you have a full database backup, and I'll start debugging.

I / you will also need to install exTplorer, or you need provide ftp credentials for your site - one or the other. I need one or the other so I can edit some of your PHP files to put some debug code in.

-- hugh

OK, I installed exTplorer, so I could put some debug code in, and confirmed my suspicion.

The problem is that you created a second Fabrik database connection, ID #2, with settings all the same as the site default, created at least one list using it (the plateforme_Situation_professionnelle one), then you trashed the connection.

So the database join for plateforme_Situation_professionnelle, which is on a form/list which is on the "real" default site connection (ID #1), sees that it is trying to join to a table on a different database (because it's connection ID #2), so it falls back to only displaying the "value", not the "label", because we don't support cross-database joins ... and fetching the label would require doing a LEFT JOIN between two different databases (well, we think it would, because the connection ID's are different).

The reason this wasn't immediately obvious is because you have uncovered what is probably a bug in Fabrik, in that we aren't checking to see if the connection a list is using has been trashed. We just look it up in the #__fabrik_connections table, and if the row for that connection ID exists, we use it. And as explained in my previous post ... when you trash something, but don't empty the trash, the "thing" (be it an element, or a form, or a connection) stays in the metadata tables, until you "empty the trash".

To fix this, I will need phpMyAdmin access, as i'll need to go and repair your metadata tables, as you can't change the connection ID for a list from the GUI.

-- hugh

I had a quick look, and it seems that about half your lists were created on the connection ID #2 that got trashed.

One of us needs to edit #__fabrik_lists in phpMyAdmin, and change the connection_id back to 1, for all the lists where it is set to 2.

Once that's done, I think quite a few of the weird effects you are seeing on your site will fix themselves.

NOTE - I also added an error check to your code (which is going in github as well), which will throw an error if a join tries to access a connection which has been unpublished or trashed. So un til you (or I) have changed those connection ID's, you'll find many of your pages won't work now, they will do this:

An error has occurred.

1 Connection ID #2is unpublished or trashed

HEllo and think you very much for your help. if l anderstand l have two connextion of my database and my problem is in relation.
The solution is to delate one of there connextion (two)
for, if l anderstand, delete connxion one and replace : and "One of us needs to edit #__fabrik_lists in phpMyAdmin, and change the connection_id back to 1, for all the lists where it is set to 2."
For realize this solution l must send you my phpmyadmin login.but how send phpMyAdmin access : how send you ?
I

OK ... I've fixed the connections issue. As I said, the problem was that you seemed to have created a second connection for your site database in Fabrik, used it to create some Lists on, then you deleted it. So half your Lists were set up to be on a database connection which no longer existed.

Now that I've set all your lists to be back on the "site default" (ID #1), the problem you described in the original post is fixed.

I suggest you now re-visit your various other open threads, and check to see if this has also fixed any of the other issues.

BTW ... can you avoid using PM's to provide login info? We use the My Sites for that stuff, so other support staff can access the information if they need it. I know I'm doing most of your support at the moment, but that won't always be the case. And if you've sent me stuff by PM, they can't see it.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back