• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Fabrik SEF URLs

gicco

Hi,

I've created menu link to a Fabrik list. It is showing link to list like:

1. List: mydomain.com/restaurants ---- which is good enough
2. Now, the details is showing URL as: details/11/1 ---- which is not good

Is is possible to generate full sef url and use a field data as sef url to item details page? If yes, please let me how to do that. I selected the name field as slug under list setting but still it is not being used.

Please help!

You can check the SEF settings (confusingly called "sh404SEF") in the Fabrik options to tweak your URLs using the Joomla SEF.
Or you could use an extension like ... sh404SEF to handle that.

You can check the SEF settings (confusingly called "sh404SEF") in the Fabrik options to tweak your URLs using the Joomla SEF.
Or you could use an extension like ... sh404SEF to handle that.

Hello jfquestiaux,

I checked that section, but thought it may belong to SH404SEF component. I will try to set it up, thanks.

Hello,

I tried to tweak URLs using the Sh404SEF section, but it is not affecting the URL.

Please someone tell me how to customize URLs, thanks.

It's working on my site:
the element selected as SEF slug in list settings is appended to the SEF URL (in form and details view)

(it seems the Sh404SEF settings won't do anything on standard Joomla SEF URLs)

Okay, after the update of all files of Joomla3 branch, it has now started to append the slug at the end, like:

restaurants/details/12/1-imperial

I would love to remove the middle part i.e. "details/12/1-"

and would like to have the url like: restaurants/imperial

Please help me generate the url as desired, if possible, thanks.

Hi,

Can anyone please help me on this issue, as I want to launch my new site ASAP with above mentioned url structure, which is identical to my old site's url structure.

Furthermore, please tell me now to make an element, like item title, act as browser's title element to be shown within <title></title> meta-tag?

Thanks.

Hi Sophist,

Yes, that would be the last resort, but, if possible, I would like to create the above mentioned URL structure, thanks.

Hi. I've the same issue - can anyone help on this? I've trawled the forum but don't seem to be getting anywhere with it....

I've a list of 'movements' of classical music with fields like 'composer' and 'piece', for example "mozart" "requiem" "lacrimosa" - "composer", "piece", "movement".

when I click on the details of a record I get the url:
../search-directory/details/12/1
when actually I want either
../search-directory/details/12/lacrimosa
../mozart-requiem-lacrimosa

In Joomla Global Config settings, I have said yes to:
SEF urls
Use URL rewriting (the .htaccess file is in place)
Add suffix to URLS
Unicode aliases

In global config, under fabrik sh404sef settings:
prepend menu title = yes
Table name on forms = yes
Format for records: Table-slug only

On the specific list's settings under Navigation:
SEF slug is set as the field I want to appear in the url

Ideally, I don't want to have to manually change urls etc for each record as there are 500 of em and I'd like this to increase further in time, so however I do it, I'd like an automated system.

jim

Hi,

Your issue can be resolved without using any third-party sef component. I was able to get URLs with slug at the end "restaurants/details/12/1-imperial".

If you can tolerate the middle part "details/12/1-", you can use a values in a database column as slugs, which will be appended at the end of urls. I however, am now using MijoSEF with fabrik extension, in the beginning there were few issues, but all were resolved by their prompt support and now I am getting the URLs exactly how I wanted them to be.

1. SH404SEF part doesn't do any good.

2. If you have right sef setting in joomla global config and list navigation, I guess you need to update your fabrik installation from GitHub. Before you do that, have a full site backup and its db and use appropriate branch of fabrik on Github corresponding to your fabrik version.

I can't seem to get my urls crafted so that the router converts the to sef, they remain normal urls.
I am comparing my urls with the fabrik auto created ones and they are exactly the same?

Is the router supposed to detect and convert?

You could try installing JoomSEF free - which enables you to explicitly set the mapping of SEF urls to non-SEF URLs.

I don't think so. I don't like installing additional 3rd party components to resolve issues. Bit like spreading jam on Marmite because you don't think it tastes right.

JoomSEF does all sorts of other useful stuff, other than allowing you precise control over your SEF strings:

e.g. metadata tags

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back