Problem with the autofill plugin

mirceat

Hello,

Please take a look at the following combination: autofill and textarea with visual editor activated. The autofill data are not filled into the textarea element if the visual editor is activated. Work fine if the visual editor is disabled.

the message displayed in the debug console is:

"Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'getInstanceById' " in textarea-min.js line 1. You can test it here if you want (require login using the data set in "My sites")

Also, there is a problem when i edit a form; the autofill is not triggered properly for each instance of a group, and the textarea is not filled. The example from below is for a repeat group, but the same error appear for single group:
Code:
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add element "contracte_campuri_638_repeat___tabel_extraoptiune[0]" because it does not exist in HTML. fabrik-min.js:1
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add element "contracte_campuri_638_repeat___tabel_extraoptiune[1]" because it does not exist in HTML. fabrik-min.js:1
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add element "contracte_campuri_638_repeat___tabel_extraoptiune[2]" because it does not exist in HTML. fabrik-min.js:1

Thank you

Joomla 3.2.3, Fabrik Github version.

come on, guys, i need a solution here, please take a look at this issue, don't make me wait another three days for an answer..

Hello, is anybody here? Can i get at least an answer..i feel like a TV, i'm talking for myself and nobody is listening

Standard support is 3 day response. The way we do that is using the "Last 3 days" link you can see at the top of the page, and working backwards in chronological order through that list.

The problem with bumping your threads with a "come on guys I need an answer here" after only 2 days is, you effectively reset the clock on your thread, putting you back at the "top". I do try and watch for this by scanning through all three days to spot where people have replied to their own posts, but I sometimes miss those.

If you need faster than 3 days, which judging by the tone of your second post you seem to need /expect, or access to our Live Chat, then you may need to upgrade to Pro support.

I'm looking at it now.

-- hugh

OK, it's an issue with the new Tiny MCE API. They changed tineyMCE.getInstanceFromId() to just just tinyMCE.get(). Working on a fix now.

-- hugh

Thank you, seems to work fine for a single group, but it doesn't work for repeat groups..

Code:
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add element "contracte_campuri_638_repeat___tabel_extraoptiune[0]" because it does not exist in HTML.  fabrik-min.js:1
UPDATE: i made a quick form for you to see what happen with the autofill plugin and textarea element in a repeat group, you can access it here (login required)

I don't understand how this support forum should work. When i bump this thread, i'll be send to queue for another 3 days. If i don't, i will not get an answer...

Rob, Hugh, can you take a look at this problem, please? I can't use the autofill with the text area element when the group is set to repeat.This is a bug, not a feature requested by me...

OK, I see the problem, but I'll have to get a consult from Rob on this one ...

rob I don't know why we are trying to use the name rather than the ID when adding textareas in a repeat:

Code:
            // $$$ rob need to use the NAME as the ID when wysiwyg end in joined group
            $id = $this->getHTMLName($repeatCounter);

// Testing not using name as duplication of group does not trigger clone()
            // $id = $this->getHTMLId($repeatCounter);

... but it blows up in addElements.

Added an issue in github, and assigned it to Rob.

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/issues/1218

-- hugh

Hmmmm, I don't recall anything we've ever said which indicates there is any kind of "maximum fix time", at any level of subscription.

I fixed your first issue within 4 days. The next one with the repeat groups is tougher, I'm working on it, it'll get fixed when I work out how to fix it.

I can't magic fixes out of thin air on demand. I'm just not that good. I do my my best, but in this case the only fix I can see seems to have already been tried by Rob, so we need to get our heads together and work out how to fix both problems - yours, and whatever it was he was fixing when he changed that code in the first place.

So apologies if my best isn't good enough, but it's all I've got.

-- hugh

Rob, Hugh, please try to do something about this bug, it's been almost a month since i paid for support and the problem still exist. I don't want to pay for another month just to bump this thread every 3 days..

The issue is in github, so it's in the "official" queue to get fixed. I'll remind Rob about it on Monday.

-- hugh

Sorry guys, but we aren't magicians. Some bugs just aren't fixable, and this one is as close ot being unfixable as they come. It's not a Fabrik problem, it's because of the way TinyMCE generates random ID's. Which we have a workaround for when there is just one instance of the editor for an element, created when the page loads. But in a repeat group, with TinyMCE instances being created and deleted on the fly ... it's extremely difficult to work around.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back