Cache error with filtered list on Back Button

pastvne

Bruce Decker
I see this issue has been reported several times by others. I too am experiencing it. I've tried turning off caching for Lists in the advanced tab but no joy. I'm on latest Git Joomla 3.2

http://www.fabrikar.com/forums/inde...ror-with-filtered-list-and-back-button.38109/

If I turn on 'Ajaxify Links" the issue does not manifest itself. I'll do that for now but I think that may have consequences and I'll have to test thoroughly. Just adding my support for a fix on this item.

-BD

It's not really fixable. Pagination with filtered lists involves submitting a form using the "POST method. That's why we have next/prev buttons in the navigation. We'd have to totally rewrite how we handle list display / navigation / filtering, which isn't something we can do right now.

-- hugh

Thanks a bunch for the reply Hugh.

Perhaps I'm not understanding but I'm using the "Go Back" button. Is that the thing that isn't fixable? Also, is 'ajaxifying' the form for the record view, which seems to avoid the problem, the best way to work-around this? Or are there some other work-arounds that would not require Ajaxifying? It's really not a big deal for my app in this instance but it would be good to know which work-arounds are available and which are preferred.

Thank you,

Bruce Decker
Colorado

As suspected, ajaxifying links caused an issue. When I update a record, the update does not apply to the database. So, I've had to remove the ajaxify links for now but I'm left with a real problem where 'go back' from a edit or view window now causes the previous error. Are there any other work-arounds anyone can think of?

I had an idea. What if I added plug in to my form and had it redirect me to the list view for this list when the 'Go backt' button is pressed. I don't see a place to do this within a form plug in but if I had a tip where to look, I might be able to figure it out. Or, can you add 'buttons' to forms like you can with List view plug-ins. then I'd just hide the Go Back button and my own custom button would perform the redirect back to the list view. Granted, it will probably leave filters in place but that's better than the expired page error. Any thoughts?

Bingo! Thanks Troester. I had confused 'Links > Ajaxify Links' with 'Navigation > Ajaxify'. I tried it the way you suggest and it works and I see no undesired side-effects. I really appreciate your help (and patience).

In my edit form, I have a 'upload' element. When Ajaxify Links is on, I can't upload. When Ajaxify Links is on, it too has the effect of allowing the 'Go Back' button to work but it breaks the actual upload of the file. Your solution fixes 'Go-Back' and does not break file upload. If your curious, I'm happy to create a demo on my site and open it up for you. Let me know and thanks again my good man.

Setting the list to Ajaxfy (in Navigation tab) will do.
Not sure about your issue with setting ajaxfied links (in Links tab), this is working on my site (no matter if list itself it set to ajaxfy or not).
As I've said re-doing
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/080c6d65ca96366e0ead33fcbc112ac39135e482
fixed the back button fro non-ajaxfied lists but I don't know if this has other side effects (e.g. on ajaxfied lists)

Hi Troester

Setting the list to Ajaxify (in Navigation) seems to fix the cache error on filtered list.
However creates another problem. If the list has calculations (sum, count, etc) these calculation goes on top of the list when the filter applied which is annoying too. Normally they should be on the bottom.
I don't know how this can be fixed.
Maybe Hugh or Rob has an idea!

Having the latest F3.2.x github I can't confirm the fix of the back button on the non-ajaxified lists. The cache error remains.

Thanks in advance!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back