E-mail sending from fronted not working when using placeholder in the Email to: of form email plugin

Makulia

Hello community!

E-mail sending from fronted not working when using placeholder in the "Email to" field of the form "Email plugin". If "Email to" is filed manually, everything works!
Sending from backed works.

Please confirm and help to resolve, thank you! Specs: Joomla 3.3.3+latest github

Attachments

• 11a.png
    11a.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 377
It's working on my site.
Which element type?
"Normal" form? or form in content or modul or popup...?

Hello! Yes, I have solved it in a bit tricky way. Using placeholder for email to field {tablename_elementname_raw} insted of {tablename_elementname} solves this issue.

Hi, Makulia.
Thank you for information.

I tried {tablename_elementname_raw} and it works!?
It's very strange... It is not a dropdown element! :confused:
I'm sure that {tablename_elementname} worked, before I made modifications. :(

But I don't solve the case in which I have to use "Email to (eval)": I search addresses in the database; I am sure that addresses are right but I get the error "Please specify a view in your fabrik {} code" and the email is not sent. :(

Did you try to use {tablename_elementname_raw} as Makulia is suggesting?
If you've set your email element to "Guess link" or "Link to details" {tablename_elementname} won't contain the "raw" address but the complete link, which can't be used as a mailto.

Hopefully somebody will still read this track and help me.
I've tried all of the above, in particular the suggested solution E-mail to= {tablename___elementname_raw}, but it still doesn't work for me.

Am I doing this the correct way when I specify the following in a Joomla article:
{fabrik view=nnn tablename___elementname_raw=< e-mailaddress>}
and in de E-mail plugin of the form-->to-->Email to: {tablename___elementname_raw}

Is this the way to do it?

regards,

Henk

Oeps I made a mistake in the way I specified the form in my Joomla article, that should be:

{fabrik view=form id=nnn tablename___elementname_raw=< e-mailaddress>}

sorry for that, still my question is: Is this the correct way to do this?
In my case this doesn't work.

regards,

Henk

• The form email plugin is working. Use {tablename___element_raw} in the "To" field.
  • First make sure it's working in a standard form (called from menu item or list add/edit). Fabrik is using Joomla's mail config settings, so make sure you get e.g. system messages from Joomla directly
{fabrik view=form id=nnn tablename___elementname_raw=< e-mailaddress>} has nothing to do with the email form plugin, it just opens a new form with your element prefilled with the e-mailadress.
Don't use _raw here
{fabrik view=form id=nnn tablename___elementname=foo@bar.com}

My apologies for the late return to this answer, but it still doesn't work in my case and I created a work-around (see below).
When I use {fabrik view=form id=nnn tablename___webmaster=< e-mailaddress>} in the article, the field 'webmaster' is populated with '<span id= ' and the e-mailaddress is nowhere to be found.

In the production environment I created a work around by using the field; xreference in the article to pass the e-mailadress.
And I use the following PHP code in Email to(eval):
$db=JFactory::getDbo();
$db->setQuery('select xreference from #__content where id='.$input->getInt('id'));
$webmaster=$db->loadResult();
return $webmaster;

This works, but the problem with this work-around is the limited fieldlength of xreference, so I can not populate it with more e-mailadresses.

I still would like to get rid of this work-around.
with kind regards,

Henk

'webmaster' is populated with '<span id= ' and the e-mailaddress is nowhere to be found.
Do you have email cloaking enabled? So Joomla is replacing the email address with some JS?
Try with putting
{emailcloak=off}
in your article.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back