Error in SQL Syntax

JHSPerc

Running into this error -

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 SQL=UPDATE continuing_current_student_scholarship_application SET aid_anton = 0 WHERE `continuing_current_student_scholarship_application`.`id` <>

Not sure what's up with that field as it's a yesno field and should be a 0 - when it's a no...

Form is located at: https://uaengineeringscholarships.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=1

I am running the latest github update.

I don't really have a definite solution - but I do notice that on your form all of the Yes/No elements display the colors one way - until you get past that "aid_instructions" (display) element just above your 'problem' element - and then the colors are switched. That's hardly just a coincidence.

So my guess it that the issue lies with the "aid_instructions" display element and not the Yes/No element. Try disabling that "aid_instructions" element and see if that fixes the problem. If so, then double check the 'aid_instructions' element settings to make sure you don't have any 'funny' characters in the 'Default' text. Enter the Default text just as it shows on the form (no quotes or 'echo' ahead of it) and set Eval to 'No'.

If it is that display element that is causing the problems and yet you still can't seem to fix it by changing the element settings - try using another element type. You can use a calc field, or even a normal 'field' (with the Default value being that text) - and with a line of css and/or javascript you will be able to adjust the appearance so it looks exactly like the display element did. I know that is hardly a solution to the issue - but there are always 'work-arounds' to get past bugs until they can be 'figured out' and fixed. Or as dad used to say, "There's more than one way to skin a cat".;)

After re-examining and working the form a bit, I realize that the colors are (what I first thought were) wrong above the display element an correct below the display element. So that sort of kills my theory.:(

After testing a bit, it looks like the coloring depends on whether you are using integers (0 and 1) - or a text value assigned to the buttons. Maybe that's by design - as I haven't compared the difference when using the radiobutton element rather than yesno element. I'm not sure if you used a radio button or yesno for all those elements that are using the 'button group' feature, or it's a mix of both - but as I've suggested many times, one or the other of those element types should be deprecated - as they both do the same thing. And it would be a lot easier to debug issues with that graphical button interface (or any element that can use the type of 'radio') if any elements using it are all using the same 'element' code. (Another example of how 'historical' features have only made this project more bloated and difficult than it needs to be.)

But one thing that I notice that is different is that the Yes/No buttons below the display element trigger some javascript (to display/hide the input field below). So post the javascript you are using for that Yes/No button and we can go from there in trying to figure it out.

Bauer

Thanks for the assistance!! The Yes/No elements were indeed the culprit - changed them all to radiobutton and set the button group to yes, and it came back to life. Getting it all squared away this weekend.

Did you set one of your yes/no elements to "Single yes" = yes?
And then trying to add a new record?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back