• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Issues with layouts containing multiple columns

mcorver

Hi all,

having difficutlies with changing the layout of group containing several columns. I want the first column and its labels to take up 50% of the width and the other 2 columns to take up the remaining half. IT seemed easy, by making the column widths 50%,25%,25% but doing that makes the fields go all over the place. Actually the settings currently used also do not seem to match the outcome... I also tried css in the css.php (not a big fan of that but neccesary sometimes) but can pinpoint only the 1st (left) column there, do not know how to address the other columns. Any help is welcome, wanted to attached screenshot of the situation but do not know how to change it to an allowed format yet) .
Kind regards, Maurice

First a question: you are really on Fabrik3.0.9 and Joomla2.5?

Per default the labels have a fixed width (class leftCol), so with 3 columns and labels left maybe there's not enough space.
You can try the labels-above template.
Additionally put your custom css in the file /your-template/custom_css.php
http://www.fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/form-and-details-templates/

Screenshot: uploading a jpg should not be a problem
For CSS debugging best is to have a link directly to your form.

anyway, here is the screenshot. Should I/can I move the tread to the other forum?

Attachments

• screenshot CMO.jpg
    screenshot CMO.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 480
As I've said:
.leftCol (= the labels) has a fixed width of 130px, you have to override this with custom CSS.

For a multi column form it may be better to use the labels-above template.
For CSS debugging best is to have a link directly to your form.

I understand how that would suppy me with the room to expand the first column with actual values, but that alone doesn't do the trick. How to specify a change to the lenght of the fields in (only) the first column of values? I know how to make the settings of fabrik.element.container specific for a group but not how to make it specific for 1 column in that group. Thanks again

making the column widths 50%,25%,25%
This is the correct way
You can set a smaller leftCol (in px) in principle (so there's more space for fabrikElementContainer in col1 50% - lefCol width)

or you can use the n-th child
ul li:nth-child(4n-2).fabrikElementContainer
I don't know if it's really (4n-2), you have to try

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back