save button grayed out

prophoto

I am running (afaik) the latest git and my save button is grayed out on multipage form in tabbed mode. Please see my 'eqm' site.

thanks,
The issue is that the tabs template and the multi page option both rely on manipulating the groups, and as such are mutually exclusive.
I've set your form to use the bootstrap template and now the multipage prev/next buttons are showing, once the user navigates to the last page, the submit button becomes active.
I've also update the tabs template to give users a warning that its incompatible with the multi-page feature:
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/6828283dde135ba7baec19566316bb35bc60a53a

-Rob

thanks,
The issue is that the tabs template and the multi page option both rely on manipulating the groups, and as such are mutually exclusive.
I've set your form to use the bootstrap template and now the multipage prev/next buttons are showing, once the user navigates to the last page, the submit button becomes active.
I've also update the tabs template to give users a warning that its incompatible with the multi-page feature:
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/6828283dde135ba7baec19566316bb35bc60a53a

-Rob

I don't understand, why won't it work in tabbed view? I prefer to have it setup as I had it in tabbed view with a working save button.

From reading Rob's responses, you must have had a page break enabled on at least one of your groups, so he assumed you wanted a multipage form.

I'll go turn it back in to a tabbed form.

-- hugh

.... so he assumed you wanted a multipage form.

well the original quesiton was:
I am running (afaik) the latest git and my save button is grayed out on multipage form in tabbed mode.

So that to me suggested that prophoto wanted to have both a tabbed template AND use the multi page feature.
They are incompatible because the tab template takes each group and puts it in its own tab, whilst the multipage feature will hide the groups.
Having altered the page DOM, the multipage feature no longer will page between groups.
The submit button is then greyed out until the last page is shown, and as you could never get to your last page because of this incompatibility it was never un-greyed out/enabled.

Why wasn't the submit button working?

As Rob explained, that's because you had multi page enabled.

I disabled that feature by going through the groups on that form, and turned off "Page break" for all of them. After doing that, the submit button works normally.

-- hugh

On std bootstrap template we do validation when we change pages and cancel the page change if validation fails. form.js needs fixing to do something similar on bootstrap_tabs.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back