Fabrik Joomla Search plugin - missing plugin params info causing fatal errors?

BasilC

Enabling the Search - Fabrik plugin leads to fatal errors when going to the search interface. The following error is reported:
Fatal error: Call to a member function def() on a non-object in /home/palmersg/public_html/pgcdev2/plugins/system/fabrik/fabrik.php on line 278

Line 278 is as follows:
PHP:
        // Load plugin params info
        $limit = $params->def('search_limit', 50);

If I get round that by changing the line to $limit = 50; the fatal error occurs a few lines later

PHP:
   // Set heading prefix
  $headingPrefix = $params->get('include_list_title', true);

If I change that to $headingPrefix = true; the fatal error then occurs at

PHP:
 $section = $params->get('search_section_heading');

If I change that line to $section = 'Fabrik/record'; search will run but not find any Fabrik content.

Any idea what is wrong?

I can't replicate.
Those lines don't match the current code, I assume you have mixed Fabrik3.2 and Fabrik3.0 plugins.
Best is to do a complete GitHub update.

Thanks, I did a GitHub update and the fatal error has gone away. But those exact same lines remain in plugins/system/fabrik/fabrik.php. Not sure how I ended up with a mix of files since I used a clean install of Fabrik 3.1 or 3.2 into a new Joomla installation.

The other problem (not finding Fabrik records) was happening because I didn't have the list configured properly - again, failing to follow the detailed instructions. Must do better in the New Year!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back