Fabric radio button not working or remian selected

hiral215

Hello Devs,
I have installed fabric on my joomla 3.0 site. I am facing issue regarding radio button. If I go to edit page , radio button doent remain selected and it throws below error in console. Please suggest any fix.
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___good_health', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"1","label":"Are you in general good health?","defaultVal":"1","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___good_health","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___complications', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"0","label":"Are you having any complications with this pregnancy?","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___complications","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___bleeding', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"0","label":"Have you ever had a bleeding problem?","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___bleeding","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___vaccinations', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"1","label":"In the past four (4) weeks, have you had any shots or vaccinations?","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___vaccinations","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___Surgery', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"0","label":"In the past twelve (12) months, have you been under a doctor's care for a major illness or surgery?","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___Surgery","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___Rabies', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"0","label":"In the past twelve (12) months, have you been treated for rabies?","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___Rabies","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___HBIG', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"0","label":"In the past twelve (12) months, have you been given Hepatitis B Immune Globulin (HBIG)?","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___HBIG","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___Tissue_Transplant', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"0","label":"In the past twelve (12) months, have you received blood or had an organ, tissue, cornea, or bone transplant?","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___Tissue_Transplant","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___Growth_Hormone', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"0","label":"Have you ever been given a growth hormone?","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___Growth_Hormone","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___Dura_Mater', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"0","label":"Have you ever had a dura mater transplant?","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___Dura_Mater","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___clotting_factor', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"0","label":"Have you ever been given clotting factor concentrates?","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___clotting_factor","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___HIV', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"0","label":"Have you ever been diagnosed with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (H.I.V.\/A.I.D.S)","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___HIV","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___Chagas_Disease', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"0","label":"Have you ever been diagnosed with Chagas Disease?","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___Chagas_Disease","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___babesiosis', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"0","label":"Have you ever been diagnosed with Babesiosis?","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___babesiosis","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___malaria', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"0","label":"Have you ever been diagnosed with Malaria?","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___malaria","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)
Fabrik form::addElements: Cannot add unknown element: new FbYesno('psdbnc_health___hepatitis', {"repeatCounter":0,"editable":true,"value":"0","label":"Have you ever been diagnosed with Hepatitis A, B, or C?","defaultVal":"0","inRepeatGroup":false,"fullName":"psdbnc_health___hepatitis","watchElements":[],"canRepeat":false,"isGroupJoin":false,"validations":false,"joinid":0})
fabrik-min.js (line 1)

That doesn't help. I updated fabrik to 3.2 and it's still having a problem... with fabrik-min.js?

Also, it seems that the problem can be fixed (at least temporarily) if I change this:
<div class="span8">
<div class="fabrikElement">
<div id="psdbnc_health___good_health_ro">
<i class="icon-1 "></i>
to this:
<div class="span8">
<i class="icon-checkmark"></i>
Is that enough of a hint? What do I do to fix this permanently?

That doesn't help. I updated fabrik to 3.2 and it's still having a problem... with fabrik-min.js?

Also, it seems that the problem can be fixed (at least temporarily) if I change this:
<div class="span8">
<i class="icon-1 "></i>
to this:
<div class="span8">
<i class="icon-checkmark"></i>
Is that enough of a hint? What do I do to fix this permanently?

BTW, can we have this bumped? I'm a Bronze member and this is my issue...

They both display just fine in the table:

<td class="psdbnc_health___good_health fabrik_element fabrik_list_321_group_47">
<i class="icon-checkmark "></i>
</td>
<td class="psdbnc_health___complications fabrik_element fabrik_list_321_group_47">
<i class="icon-remove "></i>

Alright, I solved the problem... no thanks to any of you bitches (including the 'professionals' who posted this issue in the first place).

At least this is my temporary workaround, achieved by editing templates/prostar/css/template.css:
line 5718 + .icon-1:before,
line 5797 + .icon-0:before,

We do not tolerate anyone insulting anyone on this forum - please keep your language clean or I will ban you.

A couple of comments from an unbiased bystander:

1. You say you have bronze membership, but your avatar says you are a community member. If you have paid for bronze membership (and it hasn't run out) then someone needs to fix your access to the Standard Support forum which is monitored by Fabrikar staff instead of the Community forum which is supported by other users such as troester and myself.

2. You decided to add your post to an existing thread (which looks like a completely different problem) rather than starting your own thread. The existing post was showing messages from form.js, but you mentioned fabrik-min.js, so this doesn't look like the same problem, and I am not at all clear why you hijacked someone else's thread. Your own post did not provide nearly enough information about what javascript console messages you were getting nor screen-shots of how you had defined you good_health element, so it would have been very difficult to help you. This post was at 7:34am UK time.

3. You posted a bump message at 7:55 then an additional message at 8:33 and then at 8:53 (less than 80 minutes after you first posted) you insulted the user who originally reported his own problem (who is just another user with a problem) and both fabrikar staff and community member troester. Patience is obviously not one of your major (or even minor) strengths.

4. What I would say however, is that changing the protostar template is not a great way of fixing this. I could explain why this is a bad idea, and suggest several ways that you could fix this properly, but you are probably going to insult me too, so why should I bother.

Given your demonstration of impatience, lack of manners and rudeness, it seems to me that it is now quite unlikely that anyone in the community will be interested in helping you (though if you apologise in an appropriate way, we might change our minds), so it would appear that you have rather shot yourself in the foot - thus demonstrating a lack not only of patience and manners but also common sense.

We now return to our scheduled programme "Insult the Neighbours". :)

Ok, let me clear up a few things...

First, I didn't mean 'bitch' as an insult, but more in the colloquial, Ali G, Words With Friends (
) sense of the word.

Secondly, 'hiral215' is an employee of 'CorePHP', a company that I hired to debug my website, so that's who I was referring to as the 'professionals' who posted this issue on my behalf.

Thirdly, I was somewhat frustrated that for 2 months, the only response to the original post was 'update Joomla and Fabrik', neither of which were the solution (hiral215 should have known that I was running Joomla 3.3.6) and that I was apparently having to debug the problem myself, even after paying someone else to do this for me.

Fourth, I was clearly excited when, after hours of delving deep into scripting languages that I don't understand, I was able to fabricate a workaround so that I could print out the Health History forms for people registering to donate their umbilical cord blood through my site. I'm sorry if I got carried away and used language that some may find offensive.

Fifth, there clearly isn't even a 'Bronze-level' membership anymore, a fact that I would think a moderator would realize. I'm not sure why my account continued to be listed at this level even after fabrikar.com transitioned to the different tier structure. But all of that is irrelevant now since I just paid for 1 month of Professional membership in an attempt to resolve the technical issues that remain.

So, in an attempt to address Sophist's point #2, put all of this mess behind us, and actually solve the problem, I will start a new thread, stating the problem as best I can, including output from the Firebug console, and post a link to the new thread below. Thanks, guys for listening (reading) and understanding.

Sorry, I didn't realize that the youtube video would display itself on this thread. If the language is too 'unclean' for this site, please remove the link instead of banning me. Thanks.

A couple of comments from an unbiased bystander:

1. You say you have bronze membership, but your avatar says you are a community member. If you have paid for bronze membership (and it hasn't run out) then someone needs to fix your access to the Standard Support forum which is monitored by Fabrikar staff instead of the Community forum which is supported by other users such as troester and myself.

2. You decided to add your post to an existing thread (which looks like a completely different problem) rather than starting your own thread. The existing post was showing messages from form.js, but you mentioned fabrik-min.js, so this doesn't look like the same problem, and I am not at all clear why you hijacked someone else's thread. Your own post did not provide nearly enough information about what javascript console messages you were getting nor screen-shots of how you had defined you good_health element, so it would have been very difficult to help you. This post was at 7:34am UK time.

3. You posted a bump message at 7:55 then an additional message at 8:33 and then at 8:53 (less than 80 minutes after you first posted) you insulted the user who originally reported his own problem (who is just another user with a problem) and both fabrikar staff and community member troester. Patience is obviously not one of your major (or even minor) strengths.

4. What I would say however, is that changing the protostar template is not a great way of fixing this. I could explain why this is a bad idea, and suggest several ways that you could fix this properly, but you are probably going to insult me too, so why should I bother.

Given your demonstration of impatience, lack of manners and rudeness, it seems to me that it is now quite unlikely that anyone in the community will be interested in helping you (though if you apologise in an appropriate way, we might change our minds), so it would appear that you have rather shot yourself in the foot - thus demonstrating a lack not only of patience and manners but also common sense.

We now return to our scheduled programme "Insult the Neighbours". :)
I won't insult you for trying to help me. I have taken your suggestion and posted a new thread: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/cannot-add-unknown-element-new-fbyesno.40425/ I would appreciate if you would suggest several ways that I could fix this properly.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back