[SOLVED] Multi-Page-Form Access-Level Problem/Bug?

mudshark79

Edit: If someone of the team wants to take a look, credentials provided are now sufficient. See further Infos at bottom

I'm trying to get access-Levels of a newly build application a bit tighter. I Found, that a (in terms of Access- levels) straight-forward Form with two repeat-groups added via a DB-Join isn't editable for s pecific user in Multi-Page Layout. The first page of the form gets loaded with no problem

It get's editable if
1. I turn off Multi-Page Layout of the repeated groups in the form
2. If i add administrator rights to the specific user (so far only administrator-rights work)

The Form gives

POST http://drei.finke-it.de/index.php?option=com_fabrik&format=raw&task=form.ajax_validate&form_id=1 500 (Internal Server Error)
form-min.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'errors' of null

which in my eyes also points to an access-level problem. I checked all Levels of involved Lists/Forms/Elements and couldn't find a misadjusted value.
Even if one value wasn't fitting, the non-multi-page form shouldn't work either :rolleyes: ?

Furthermore: If the user logs out and in again, he is redirected to the View-Version of the Form.
Like already stated: The user can access and edit the forms if not in the multi-page context and he even has sufficient rights to delete entries...

It is not crucial for me at this point, but it seems like a bug to me that maybe wants to re
I have two week old github-Code Running, crednetilas are provided. The Form in question is the one of List "Kunden", accessible through the main menu. Will turn Multi-Page Off for now in order to go on with my work on the site.

Thanks and Regards

Can you run a debugger over it? Either Chrome's devtools, or Firebug in Firefox. Look at the Net tab, and see what is coming back in the response from the AJAX call that happens when you navigate to the next page.

PHP is tossing some kind of error, which you should see in the 'response' from the AJAX call in the debugger. May or may not be access related.

-- hugh

If I dig a little deeper on Chrome Network-Tab and looking at the page of the Ajax-Response it gives

0 DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (2015-01-27103737) at position 10 (): Unexpected character

Right below the usual Error-500 Page. The value is value of the hidden date-time element of the primary group of the form.

Then the console gives additional:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'errors' of null in quite a big number of Scripts, the whole Mootools comes to a halt on this error (screenshot).

I checked access-rights of all date-time-elements no success. Because I started testing/developing the site logged in as super-user this didn't happen at first. Of course I can double check the access-levels of all involved objects but at this point this doesn't make too much sense to me. How could this php-error be resolved with a different access-level granted to the user ? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• group_layout_error.PNG
    group_layout_error.PNG
    52 KB · Views: 288
What format is that date -time element set to use?

Doesn't so0und like an access issue, if JDate is getting the date/time, but it's in some funky format.

Any idea where the 103737 is coming from?

When talking about access levels, are you talking about individual element ACL's? Or the lists's view/add/edt/etc ACL's?

-- hugh

The 103737 is the time part of the element which reads normally (as seen in phpmyadmin in this case):
2015-01-27 10:37:37

The Formatting of the date element was never touched or edited, this was just left as is when creating the Forms. Same goes for the joins both of which are repeatable.
I found out that if I disable the date-time element on the primary group it begins barking at the date time of the second group before then starting to lament on the third group, if also unpublishing the 2nd date-time. It Starts working as soon as all three are unpublished.

I will try and see if I can reproduce this with a set of test lists/forms/elements.

Access-Levels means indeed all possible ACLs, the one's of the elements also the one's of the lists/groups.

Thanks so far,

Matthias

OK, finally found the time to make some overall testing in regard of reproducibility. It's one faulty github i pulled somewhen January. Github pulled today works fine, 3.2. also worked fine.

First time in my recent workings with fabrik so not too serious but next time I will do some testing like today earlier, really did some headbanging on this one and lost half a day at least :confused:. But glad i got it sorted out, finally :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back