Display error icon near group title in bootstrap-tabs form template

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi,

Using bootstrap tabs template in a form with 6 groups/tabs.
If one of the field failed the validation on submit, it would be nice to indicate a way or another which group is concerned (css class, icon ?). So the user can directly click the right tab and see his error.

I remember it was acting this way in some earlier version of Fabrik (pre bootsrap ?)

Did I miss something ?

I have search on the forum but didn't find this one ! Thanks for pointing to it. Actually the form is using Ajax validation. Meanwhile, I'll switch back to standard process and will implement Chris's solution.

Cheers.

Do you have any JavaScript chops? I remember that thread, and had a little poke around at the time, it wouldn't be too hard to implement as a form_X.js, hanging some event handling code off of one of our standard event like fabrik.form.submit.fail (or something like that, I forget the exact event name).

It's still something I'd like to implement as part of Fabrik ... but unfortunately it just joins a looooooooooong list of "things i'd like to implement' ...

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

For now, my customer is ok with this non-ajax solution. And since I have some long hours to spend building up queries and setting up statistical results, we decided to postpone this point.

I may try to solve it using form js later in the future. At that point I might need some help to find out the right event ! :)

Thanks for following and "Bon courage" for your long to-do list !

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back