calendar viz and date format

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi,

I've an application recording appointments. Dates are stored "UTC" in the db but displayed according to our local usage (day / month / year). Using the agenda on this list makes wrong dates displayed. It uses the formated data to compute the display slot which shows up strange things (days are read as month and vice-versa) :)

One solution could be to be able to select the "raw" element instead of the formated one. But this may need an adionnal dropdown to select the right TZ ?

For now I think I'll add a calc element to produce the "right date" but the popup won't be able to display the formated date....

Is there an other "trick" ?

The date format for the little popup is in calendar options (it's the "old" % format, so try %d/%m/%Y %H:%M)

I've missed this one. Finally, for now, I've created a copy of the original list on which the date is formated the US way. So it displays the slot at the right position ! And with the popup format you've mentioned, I'm almost there. I still have the bad format on the second popup (view details). Thanks anyway.

Which site / list / form / viz / element(s) do I need to be looking at?

If you can give me exact details, I'll go take a look.

-- hugh

Damned ! On my test case it works like a charm... I'll try further and keep you inform

These TimeZone things make me crazy ! Not sure you'll be able to reproduce my problem on the test drive I've setup from the place where your are.

In the front : go to "agenda list" at the end of the menu. You should see the event list. The fourth one ("test4") is marked as 05/02/2015 which stands for 05 february 2015 in our convention. On the "agenda" menu, you'll see the fab viz and the test4 appears to be on the february the fourth. I believe this is because the event date has no time selector thus "zero" Paris time. In the db it is stored as the previous day at 23:00 (utc). But it the calendar view it shows UTC date whatever you put in the "option" field of the cal viz. Showing the wrong result.
It acts the same if you click on the calendar to add an event on the 5th of february. It is actually recorded on the 4th. At least from France ! :)

Can't grant phpmyadmin nor ftp on this server. If necessary I can transfer this site on an open one.

Attachments

• first.JPG
    first.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 167
  • second.JPG
    second.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 161
  • third.JPG
    third.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 154
Grrrr. You think you hate TZ stuff ... try coding around it when building all this stuff ... me and Rob both hate TZ issues with a passion. You would not believe the time we have spent on TZ related issues over the years. Which is why, when I become Ruler of Planet Earth, I'm going to abolish time zones entirely. Everyone will live on GMT, with no daylight savings. Vote For Hugh!

Is that date element set to Store as Local, or UTC?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back