• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

custom search, table wrapping etc.

esskay

I am just repeating my questions here which I posted in community -

Few issues -

1. Need a custom search form and I am getting 500 Incorrect list id error
2. In list advanced search I want Advanced Search to be fully expanded on the same page instead click and pop up
3. The data in the list are not wrapped properly and going outside the table. As shown in the image.

I have given joomla backend super user access credentials. Can you please look into it...?

Hello Troester
Thanks for your reply...
1. Custom search - Fixed with the help of your tutorial
2. Advanced Search - Ok...I will live with it
3. CSS issue - I am not very much comfortable with the coding etc. Can you please advise what need to be changed and where...?
4. I have restored my site to another domain...and now advanced search is not working..Can you please advise what is the reason...?
5. In advanced search the condition EQUALS is by default preset. Instead of EQUALS I want CONTAINS as pre-selected. What is the way around...?
Thanks once again...

I looked at a couple of your front end lists, and it's really just you are trying to fit too much on the list. Your template is not responsive, so the container for the content is a fixed width, and you are trying to put too many columns in there. Not really a specific CSS issue.

You could create a custom CSS file, and set the main list div to have horizontal scolling, or you can rmeove some of the columns from the list display. Or find a different template which has a responsive design, so making the browser window bigger will expand the content container. Our Bootstrap template is already designed to be responsive, so will work with a compatible bootstrap site template.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh
Thanks for your response...
1. I am using Protostar. I think..this is responsive and uses bootstrap. I have also tried to use rocket theme's afterburner 2. But the same result. What I want to ask is that I have 7 lists and are showing the results ok except two. Columns and all element settings are exactly identical. If the template is working good for 5 lists it should work for another 2 lists also. Your suggestion to remove some of the columns is a last resort. If possible I request you to have one more look at my site.
2. Do you agree with the views of Troester for advanced search expansion in the same window instead of pop up..?
2. I don't think this is build in. Maybe you can do something with a custom template.
Or is there a way....?
3. What about point no. 5 of my 2nd post...?
5. In advanced search the condition EQUALS is by default preset. Instead of EQUALS I want CONTAINS as pre-selected. What is the way around...?
As stated earlier, unfortunately I am not good at coding unless otherwise explained in detail.
Thanks in advance....

Hi Hugh
OK. the template issue is now fixed. In protostar they have two options static and fluid. By changing it to fluid this has been fixed. Just ignore this point.
At the moment I have only three issues -
1. In advanced search I need to preset the condition to CONTAINS instead of EQUALS. The structure of my database is such that in its first try the user are not going to get any results if they simply type the keyword with EQUALS as condition. This is must for me. Please advise.
2. If possible I need advanced search fully expanded in the table itself instead of a clickable link of popup.
3. In another thread I had few issues in creating a dropdown.
Please advise.
Regards

For 1, the only two ways I can see both involve changes to the core Fabrik code.

1) Modify where we set up those dropdown menus. The problem there is that we can't just change the existing "EQUALS" default, as that would mess up everyone else. So the only "proper" way of doing it would be for us to add this as YAFO (Yet Another Option) on the list settings, which frankly isn't going to happen unless someone pays us to do it as a custom job (I'd guesstimate about $100).

So unless you want to do that, you'd have fork Fabrik on github, and tweak the main list model, ./components/com_fabrik/models/list.php, around lines 6316 and 6547, where we set up the 'statements' dropdowns, and set the last arg to be 'CONTAINS'.

Code:
$opts->statementList = JHTML::_('select.genericlist', $statements, 'fabrik___filter[list_' . $listRef . '][condition][]',
'class="inputbox input-small" size="1" ', 'value', 'text', 'CONTAINS');

... and ...

Code:
$jsSel = JHTML::_('select.genericlist', $statements, $prefix . 'condition][]', 'class="inputbox" size="1" ', 'value', 'text', 'CONTAINS');

... and run that code instead of our github, regularly merging the joomla3 branch in to your fork. But of course, that means you are pretty much on your own for support.

I tested those two little changes above, and they work, btw. I just can't put them in the code, as explained above, without make the default a "YAFO" in the list settings, which is an hour or so's work.

2) Use Javascript to tweak the default for the dropdown when the popup is first initialized, and then as each row is added. This would require us adding a couple of events to the advanced-search.js, during initialization and then in addRow(), which we could do as part of your sub, as it's just a couple of quick lines of code. Then you'd need to come up with some custom form_X.js, with event handlers, to change the selection when those events fire. Shouldn't be too hard, but you'd need some JS chops.

Let me know which approach you want to take.

As for your 2, of putting the advanced search directly on the page ... I've only had a quick look at the code, but that wouldn't be entirely trivial. There's a lot of assumptions in the code about it being in a popup window.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh
1. Neither I can do it at my own nor can afford...? I do not want to touch the core files and change them unless I fully understand. So not quite easy at my end. Even with the second option for js I do not have such capabilities to do it at my own.
2. As suggested I would rather keep the advanced search in a popup window.
However, I would like to request you for the point number 1. As stated by me in my earlier post the structure of the site is such that if the visitor enter the value without changing the condition, there will never be any result. I can only request you to implement, IF POSSIBLE, in the present subscription. Otherwise I will have to specifically request visitors to change the condition by way of a tip....
Thanks

Not quite sure what you are asking. As I said, we'd need to be funded for option 1 (as I explained, subscriptions don't cover the hours of coding and testing required to add new functionality to our core code), and I added the events you'd need to do option 2.

So ... what are you actually asking about with your bump?

-- hugh

OK. Sorry I can't be of more help, but we have to draw lines somewhere between what is "Standard" support, what is "Pro" support, and what is custom work. Adding new features is typically custom work.

-- hugh

Alright Hugh....Thanks...I only wish that at some point this is added as a feature in your stable release since this is going to be very useful...

Regards...

Yup, we just have a lot of users, who all want new features, so it's a case of balancing priorities, and not having too many features, making it too complex to drive.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back