• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Pre-purchase question ref Jomsocial and Easysocial

PercyP

Hi,

I have just stumbled across Fabrik and excited that I might finally have a solution for my project. I need to create a task list to add to my Jomsocial Groups module (if anyone is familiar with Easysocial and their groups/task app then you will know what I mean). It doesn't have to be fancy, just the ability to log one task after another would be sufficient.

My question is, is it at all possible to create a task list and integrate it into Jomsocial Groups component using Fabrik?

Is it possible to create any type of component with Fabric and integrate in the Jomsocial Groups?

Kind regards

Percy

Hi
Hugh's probably the person to ask for this one as he wrote the JomSocial integration code, I'll ask him to reply to you.

-Rob

The only level of integration we have with JomSocial is being able to add a list or a form as a profile plugin, we don't have anything to integrate with the Groups.

-- hugh

Although I've never actually used the Groups feature, so it may well be possible with a little simple custom plugin code. JomSocial's API is pretty straight forward. And even even if the Groups feature doesn't have an API, if it's table driven (which no doubt it is), it could well be possible to manage it just with Fabrik as-is.

Unfrotunately, I don't currently having a working JomSocial test install ... the latest version won't run on the verison of PHP I have on that particular test server, and I'm kind of stuck in Centos PHP upgrade hell, with a variety of yum repo conflicts. Hopefully I'll get that resolved soon, and take a look.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,
thanks for responding.

My apologies for delay - i didn't receive a notification saying anyone had responded. I can provide a test install for you if you tell me what you need. I am not experienced enough to know whether it has an Api or not unfortunately, but would be happy to check for you if O know where to look?

Regards

Percy

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back