Google Map and Captcha not showing on some templates

jakecruz011

Hi i'm using custom template on joomla 3.3.6 ... I've been stocked with this problem on Google map and captcha not showing on the frontend ... i've been searching google for answers but i can't find one. i have tried with other templates and it works fine. but not in the template i'm using.
here's the snapshots:

not working:
s2tsg0.jpg

working:
30ihqwh.jpg

I'm hoping for a way to get through this ... thanks for the help.

With any issue like this, which is almost certainly CSS of JavaScript conflicts with the template, you need to provide a link to your page.

-- hugh

With any issue like this, which is almost certainly CSS of JavaScript conflicts with the template, you need to provide a link to your page.

-- hugh

hi, here's the link: i am not allowed to post a link here, forum policy i think regarding minimum requirements, 103.5.5.202/devtest1/homepage/contact-us.html and navigate to contact us .. thanks a lot

Ah, yes, I think you have to have posted 3 times before you can post a link. It's a very effective anti-spambot measure.

OK, yeah, looks like a JS conflict, something is killing our use of requirejs, I think it's the "modernizr" plugin.

We're working on trying to resolve this, and several other conflicts by templates and plugins using jQuery anonymous defines, but no solution right now.

-- hugh

hi, thanks for the quick response to my issue. i don't have "modernizr" plugin installed. but anyway, i'm hoping for future fix. thanks a lot, and fabrik is a great and powerful extension for joomla. :)

Something was definitely including modernizr.js, probably your template. You seem to have removed that site, but if you open the page you gave me, view the source, you'll see that file being included. And if you look at the console in either Chrome's devtools or Firebug, you'll see the JS error being thrown on page load.

-- hugh

Yup. Something is loading that, as the last JS file in the HEAD section. Which is stompong on the require.js we use to load all our dependencies. And require.js has to load last, otherwise you get that "anonymous define" error if anything doing a JS anonymous define loads after it, and none of our JS loads.

We're trying to work up a fix so require.js always loads last, but it's not easy.

Meanwhile, if there's a way you can turn that feature off, i think you'll find Fabrik would work fine with that template.

-- hugh

i tried disabling this line in the index.php
Code:
$doc->addScript('templates/' . $this->template . '/js/vendor/modernizr.js', 'text/javascript');

i also found out that another inline script loads it:

Code:
<head>
  <jdoc:include type="head" />
  <meta charset="utf-8" />
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
  <script src="<?php echo 'templates/' . $this->template . '/js/vendor/modernizr.js'; ?>"></script>
</head>

i tried disabling both and all external css and js where not loaded.

though disabling this
Code:
$doc->addScript('templates/' . $this->template . '/js/vendor/modernizr.js', 'text/javascript');
was fine.

Can you try updating from github and re-enabling modernizr?

We made a change today which we hope will resolve these kinds of issues.

-- hugh

hi, i've done updating and double checked if updated .. i think this is the line added
Code:
    public function onAfterRender()
    {
        // Could be component was unistalled but not the plugin
        if (!class_exists('FabrikString'))
        {
            return;
        }

$script = self::js();

$content = JFactory::getApplication()->getBody();

// Test inserting require.js as last
        if (!FabrikHelperHTML::inAjaxLoadedPage())
        {
            $jsAssetBaseURI = FabrikHelperHTML::getJSAssetBaseURI();
            $rjs = $jsAssetBaseURI . 'media/com_fabrik/js/lib/require/require.js';
            $rjs = '<script src="' . $rjs . '" type="text/javascript"></script>';
            $content = FabrikString::replaceLast('</head>', $rjs . "\n" . '</head>', $content);
        }
        // End test insert

if (!stristr($content, '</body>'))
        {
            $content .= $script;
        }
        else
        {
            $content = FabrikString::replaceLast('</body>', $script . '</body>', $content);
        }

JFactory::getApplication()->setBody($content);
    }

but still it don't work.

Can you re-enable that page so I can take a look? This is an issue we're actively trying to resolve in general at the oment, so have another test case for it would be very useful to us.

-- hugh

OK, I think part of the problem is that your GWT template is including a second copy of jQuery in the body of the page, near the bottom. When jQuery has already been included in the head by J!.

-- hugh

got it, i removed this line and the map works
Code:
<!--<script src="<?php echo 'templates/' . $this->template . '/js/foundation.min.js'; ?>"></script> !-->
but still captcha is not working. this is also true to register new users form. that's why i use a different plugin for captcha in the register user form

This just doesn't seem to be a Bootstrap compatible template, period. I don't think it's going to work with Fabrik. It's throwing errors about tooltip now.

What version of J! is it?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back