[CLOSED] Form Plugin Comment : respond button

marcq

Hi,

There's also something that could be improved if possible.

Users has the possibility to erase their comments, which is great, they can also respond to their own comments (please see screencapture), which is a bit strange.

If you have a look at the screencapture, Equipe PBDF user, which is the logged in user, as sent a comment and he's able to respond to is own comment.

In general, the "respond" button should be hidden for the user which created the comment.

Cheers,

Marc

Attachments

• COMMENT.png
    COMMENT.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 157
Doesn't seem strange to me. I quite often respond to my own comments, if I need to correct or add to something I said.

It could be added as an option, but you'd need a Pro sub for that level of customization.

-- hugh

I don't think it's a matter of semantics ... just expectations, which vary from person to person. If we disabled being able to respond to your own comments, we'd have people complaining that they couldn't do that. Which is why, if we added this feature, it would have to be optional behavior. Which is why it would require a Pro sub for me to do it, as adding new options is a lengthier process than (say) just tweaking a template slightly (like Troester did for you yesterday with the date) ... it requires adding new language strings to the language files, new field definitions to the XML, new conditional code, more testing modes, etc.

Personally, in a commenting system, I prefer not to edit comments if I need to add information, as this can be confusing if someone has already read a comment, unless there is some clear indicator that the comment has been edited, and an edit history people can see.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back