Autofill has stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

degarrin

Hello :) My autofill has suddenly stopped working in general and I can't figure out why. It tries to load on a form and then I get an error message that just says: "the page at www.degarrin.net says null". At first I thought it was an issue with just a specific form I was working on and went crazy trying to figure out what piece of code I'd missed, but then I went and tested a few other forms and sure enough they were affected too.

No one had reported this error to me so I don't know when it started, but I know autofill was working fine at least a couple of weeks ago. I have updated Fabrik from Github just today to see if that helped, but no such luck. I haven't made any template changes, so I don't think it can be that. However, when I checked via Firebug, I did see an error that I think might be related; image is attached.

I can give admin/ftp access to my site if needed. The site is www.degarrin.net, but the forms are all restricted so you'd need access to see any of them. I'm running a Joomla 3.3.6 site. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Angela
Degarrin

Attachments

• fabrik_error.JPG
    fabrik_error.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 210
I seem to recall you mentioned you couldn't fill out the My Sites, due to a session error. If so, have you tried logging out and back in again, on either/both sides of the site (J! and XenForo)?

I've tested here, and my two main autofill torture test forms are still working OK, so wou'll need to fill out your My Sites info (just the J! url / login) so we can log in and see the specific error msg.

-- hugh

The query is failing with "unknown field fab_registration.placeholder_two"

http://screencast.com/t/2ppHvXNhApdk

Seems to be a display element. Have you removed the underlying table field for it?

You should be able to do an "update form" and we'll recreate the field. I'm reluctant to do that though, as I don't know if you site is backed up, which it needs to be before you do anything like that which may affect your table structure. Or you can just go and add it yourself in phpMyAdmin, as a TEXT field.

And yes, I know display elements don't record in the database, but there still needs to be a field in there for them. Don't ask. :)

-- hugh

Hey Hugh, thanks for looking into it. I did do some cleanup a couple of weeks ago, deleted a few forms and related items, but the fab_registration.placeholder_two field wasn't removed. I've checked the fab_registration table and the field is still there. However, I've gone ahead and done the "update database" in fabrik on the registration table as you said above, and now my autofill is working. Weird. I didn't think I deleted anything that directly related to the registration table, but could I have deleted something that broke a link and I guess updating the database via Fabrik cleared it out?

Hmmm. The error I was seeing was very specific, it was from MySQL, saying that field didn't exist in the table. And all our "update database" does is go through the elements on a form, makes sure the fields exist in the underlying table, and if not, creates them. It's pretty much specifically designed to fix issues where a field in the table has been accidentally deleted.

Anyway, glad it's fixed.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back