Administrator: in List View the fabrik toolbar is empty

quantility

Quality, Quantity, Utility
Joomla 3.4.0, Fabrik 3.2 github 27 Feb.

Click "View data" on a list to go inside the "list view" in joomla administration: here the toolbar, that can contains some useful Fabrik buttons, is empty.

example link (if you have a list with id 1)
/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=list.view&listid=1

Could be nice to have a back/close button to return at "Fabrik: lists" page
/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=lists

Thanks

I can't replicate.
Is this a list you have created via Fabrik?

Or did you create via backend "Import"? (in this case there's a known issue with the buttons)
Or did you install example data?

In any case missing buttons should show if you open and resave your list.
A screenshot would be helpful.

I have attached a video, is more simple to understand ;-)
It is only a little UI "bug" that i see in previous versions too. To return in main Fabrik admin page we need to use browser back button, and it's not a good thing in Joomla.

Attachments

• Recording.zip
    972.7 KB · Views: 204
Ok, I thought you were talking about the list toolbar (Add, group...)

You can always use Componenti/fabrik... instead of browser back.
Or you can install the Fabrik quickicon admin module (discover, install, enable in ExtensionManager), this will give you a "Fabrik" admin menu (that's what I'm doing on all my sites).

BTW, for recordings, it's best to use Jing, and the integrated free 2gb of Screencast.com cloud storage it comes with. Extremely quick and easy (you can record and share a video with 5 clicks), and you don't have to upload a ZIP file. Which I won't download. Even though I have decent AV software, I simply won't download anything from forums and run it locally, even videos.

http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

-- hugh

Thank cheesegrits for the hint, here is the link http://screencast.com/t/7XrPpa0FF (with Jing the same video is 10MB :confused: my video only 1MB, sorry)

It is a simple UI bug, Troester is right about other roads to return to previous page, but is a little lack in the interface.

I don't know well the code of Fabrik admin, but i think are some rows of code to add in some part of
Code:
administrator/components/com_fabrik/views/list/view.html.php
like:
Code:
JToolBarHelper::cancel('list.cancel', 'JTOOLBAR_CLOSE');

It is a problem reported from some "managers" that have access to data saved in fabrik.

I hope this report can be useful to improve Fabrik user experience.

Thanks

Troester i have reported a bug, your solution is not for this problem.

in this file administrator/components/com_fabrik/views/lists/view.html.php
or
in this file administrator/components/com_fabrik/views/list/view.html.php

the protected function addToolbar() is not called for the task called from this link
administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=list.view&listid=1

the task list.view that i found in /administrator/components/com_fabrik/controllers/list.php seems a fabrik plugin (the one that show lists in articles too) called inside the admin interface.

So in the view.html.php there isn't the function for this admin page, and adding a toolbar is not possible.

I trying to use Quick Icon ;)

Then i see this post from January 2014 http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/close-button-fabrik-lists-view-data.37169/

But the user, like me, has not seen a good benefit about the Quick-icon Administration module for solve this little User Interface bug.

I did not know that it is so hard to add a "Back/Close" button in "View Data" like the one in "View Details". I'm trying to do this by myself but i can't find the code for this admin page and i not know much how admin pages in fabrik are coded. :(
If you cant't add this to Fabrik, can you show me the file where i can do this? I can do a little override....

Thanks a lot
Simone

Attachments

• fabrik-view-data-close.PNG
    fabrik-view-data-close.PNG
    74.1 KB · Views: 358
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back