search result to go to update form

JackGoa

hi, i've created a search form with only one field. the user enters his email address and then if the result is found, i want to take the user to a form with all his details pre-populated (as per his entry he has made at a previous time)
i've set up the redirect plugin to go to this url:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=1&___search_by_email={___search_by_email}

it just takes me to a blank form though...

i'm guessing i'm missing a command or something?

what would really be preferable is if 1 result can be returned with his name and surname and email address as a link to a form to update his details.

ok, i'm using this as my jump page url now: index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=1
but that returns all the data in that database. how do i limit it to only return the row from the search result?

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=1&your-table___your-email-element={___search_by_email}

thanks so much! that takes me right where i want to go.
i'm using that create juser plugin to create users. the information being updated comes from a fabrik database on a different site. when i click submit, i get a warning saying it could not find the user with the specific id. i was hoping it would create the user when update is clicked. do you think this could be a bug or just the way i have it setup?
i had the same issue when trying to update those users from the admin side on the original site.

so glad i came across this. toester, how would i limit this search? what i want to do is, only return users who don't yet have a username?

in other words, just like the url above, index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=2&entries___email_address={___search_by_email} and then something to the effect of, WHERE entries___username is EMPTY ?

i tried adding this,
&entries___username=NULL
and this,
&entries___username=0
and even,
&entries___username=

But no luck. :/

i created this form last year and the client was in a hurry. so people started registering before i joined the user profile to Joomla's user table. so half of them half usernames and half of them don't. so what i'm doing is, i'm letting users search for their profile by email.
they find their profile, update/enter this years race and that's that.
BUT, what i want to do now is, only details for people who do not have a username yet, must come up. if it's not do-able, that's not the end of the world.

while i've got you on the line. please can you point me in the right direction for this, i can't find it in the wiki and this particular tutorial does not work. the users that already have usernames in the Joomla part of the site, i want them to login and then provide a link where they can update their profile. how do i connect the dots? user logs in, clicks on update profile link, how do i prefill the form with the users profile?
I know I there's a thing about the Joomla user ID? But I can't find that info now and I don't know where to use it or how?

thanks troester, you always help me around here!! FYI, I almost think you helped me last year with something too when i started working on this project.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back