• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Uncaught ReferenceError: Fabrik is not defined

TStip

I want to use Fabrik with the Joomla template Kallyas ( http://hogash-demos.com/kallyas_joomla/ )
For a first test I installed Fabrik with a test form in the default installation from Kallyas.
The form does work, but the javascript controls (hide / show field) don?t work.
See the test form on my testform
I see in chrome these error messages:
Uncaught ReferenceError: Class is not defined
Uncaught ReferenceError: Fabrik is not defined

What could be the cause here.
Thanks in advance for a response.
HVTboy

At a guess, it looks like the template may be removing the mootools JS library, as it's not being included in your document head. Which it should be, as we load it as one of the first things we do in our framework load.

As a result, our framework can't load, and everything blows up on page load.

-- hugh

Indeed, that was the problem!
Mootools is now loaded and everything works perfectly
Thank you for your comment.
Now I knew where I had to find the problem.

Hello, I have simmilar problem. In js console I get error "Uncaught ReferenceError: Fabrik is not defined(?)". In html output I can see mootools loaded. Using gantry template, but when I switch to protostar template, problem remains. In frontend I cannot use datepicker and cannot send form. Details of error in console:

at root/components/com_fabrik/js/form_1.js:2:2
at root/media/system/js/mootools-core.js:121:21
at Array.forEach (native)
at Function.forEach (root/media/system/js/mootools-core.js:5:460)
at Array.each root/media/system/js/mootools-core.js:9:303)
at fireEvent (root/media/system/js/mootools-core.js:120:501)
at root/media/com_fabrik/js/dist/fabrik.js:2:5255
at Object.execCb (eval at <anonymous> root/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js:2:2651), <anonymous>:29:311)
at $.check (eval at <anonymous> root/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js:2:2651), <anonymous>:18:423)
at $.eval (eval at <anonymous> (root/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js:2:2651), <anonymous>:23:9)

I changed domain name to root, because I couldn?t post reply with link.

Installed Joomla 3.6.4 and Fabrik 3.5.1

We are definitely compatible with Gantry and Protostar. So I suspect there is some Javascript error happening on page load which is preventing Fabrik from loading.

Open developer tools in Chrome, and see if it shows you any errors.

-- hugh

BTW, if that was your first post, you should now be able to post a URL. We have an anti-spam measure that doesn't allow posting links until you have posted at least once (I think, might be 2 or 3). This stops 90% of spambots that sign up and immediately start trying to post spam links.

If you post a link to the page, I'll take a quick look, see if it's anything obvious.

-- hugh

If you didn't add the file .../components/com_fabrik/js/form_1.js intentionally (custom JS code for form 1) just delete (or rename) it.
I think it crept into an older GitHub version at some point, it shouldn't be there.

I'm just bumping this thread for the sake of visibility.

I had the exact same issues as mir.

I updated to the most recent Github version of Fabrik (3.5.2) running on Joomla 3.6.5 and I noticed that my installation too had /components/com_fabrik/js/form_1.js. So I renamed it, as suggested by troester above and my site worked again.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back