• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

calendar visualization modals

prophoto

How do I open the add new and details view when using the calendar visualization in a full page instead of a modal box?

I was able to get the Add button to open in a full page but now I just need to get the details view to work. I duplicated the bootstrap template in /plugins/fabrik_visualization/calendar/views/calendar/tmpl/ and edited line 36.

Original
Code:
<a href="#" class="btn btn-success addEventButton" title="Add an event"><i class="icon-plus"></i> <?php echo FText::_('PLG_VISUALIZATION_CALENDAR_ADD') ?></a>

New
Code:
<a href="/calendar-list/form/11/" class="" title="Add an event"><i class="icon-plus"></i> <?php echo FText::_('PLG_VISUALIZATION_CALENDAR_ADD') ?></a>

/calendar-list/ is a Joomla menu link to the regular list view, I copied the add button link from that page and added it to the viz template.

Now I just need the details view link fixed!

That would require modifying the calendars JavaScript, which isn't something we can really do for you. The function you'd need to modify would be openAddEvent(), where it does the AddEvForm() at the end, around line 1006. Although that would only be a partial solution, as there's the issue with the way we pop up the choice for which list to add to, if you are displaying more than one list's worth of data, and that's some pretty complex code.

-- hugh

You can add a file ...\plugins\fabrik_visualization\calendar\views\calendar\tmpl\mybootstrap\custom.css
with
form.fabrikForm {width:600px}

Is there anything that can be done about double clicking on a calendar date not working on touch devices?

OK so I found the button "Show Full Details" and turned it off, now the events load the details page as requested, perfect!

Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 12.47.38 PM.png

Three things...first the pop up should show on hover not on click, because when you click it shows the hover box for a second then the browser loads the details page. So if you were reading the popup you kinda get thrown off.

Second how do I choose what element data is shown in that pop up?

Third the link is showing "/calendar-list/details/11/9:My Calendar Item Title.html" instead of the correct slug "/calendar-list/details/11/9-my-calendar-item-title.html"

Maybe in the future there will be a button allowing the disable of the double click feature :), for now I just turned off the "Show Instructions" option so the user will tend to use the Add button instead.

Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 12.56.10 PM.png

Hmmm, could have sworn I posted a response to this on Friday. Guess I didn't hit Send, and it got lost when I had to reboot.

Three things...first the pop up should show on hover not on click, because when you click it shows the hover box for a second then the browser loads the details page. So if you were reading the popup you kinda get thrown off.

But if you've got "Show full details" set to No, it shouldn't go anywhere when you click on the event, it should just pop up the canned popup?

http://www.screencast.com/users/cheesegrits/folders/Jing/media/5ac690c4-b03f-4b8c-94c1-5aeacc78546b

Second how do I choose what element data is shown in that pop up?

You can't, it's currently hard coded in the view. Maybe something we could template, but it's really supposed to just be a simple, no brainer alternative to providing a templated detail view. And I'd really like to restrict work on calendering to an entirely new viz, using the rather splendid Full Calendar.

http://fullcalendar.io/

Third the link is showing "/calendar-list/details/11/9:My Calendar Item Title.html" instead of the correct slug "/calendar-list/details/11/9-my-calendar-item-title.html"

Looking at this one now.

-- hugh

But if you've got "Show full details" set to No, it shouldn't go anywhere when you click on the event, it should just pop up the canned popup?

http://www.screencast.com/users/cheesegrits/folders/Jing/media/5ac690c4-b03f-4b8c-94c1-5aeacc78546b

Check my LIS site /calendar page. When you click on a record it takes you to the details page which is exactly what I wanted to do! Could it be because I have the title linked in list view?

You can't, it's currently hard coded in the view. Maybe something we could template, but it's really supposed to just be a simple, no brainer alternative to providing a templated detail view. And I'd really like to restrict work on calendering to an entirely new viz, using the rather splendid Full Calendar.

http://fullcalendar.io/

Looks interesting and pretty too. Please don't take away the option to link to a full details page! IMO its better for SEO to have it as a separate page rather than a modal....plus its what my client wants!

Yes, it is because you have the title linked in list view.

Re the slug thing ... can you try this ...

In ./components/com_fabrik/models/element.php, around line 2421 should be these two lines:

Code:
$customLink = $w->parseMessageForPlaceHolder($customLink, $data);
$customLink = $this->getListModel()->parseMessageForRowHolder($customLink, $data);

Before those two lines, try inserting these two lines:

Code:
$data['slug'] = str_replace(':', '-', $data['slug']);
$data['slug'] = JApplication::stringURLSafe($data['slug']);

I think that should do it, but I don't think that's the right place to put those lines. I'm just not quite sure where they really need to go, I'm still looking at it. But I just want to make sure I'mon the right track.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back