• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

"No records available for CSV export" with advanced search

MILORD65

Hello,

I have a big problem with csv extractions in all tables of my site:
If I do an advanced search on any list and I want to export the result as csv I still get "No records available for CSV export".
thus it happens with all the lists in the frontend and backend.
Intranet site with joomla 2.5.17, Fabrik 3.0.9.1 updated 10 minutes ago.
Can you help me?
Thank you.

Intranet site with joomla 2.5.17, Fabrik 3.0.9.1 updated 10 minutes ago
GitHub update or Joomla update?
I can confirm an issue if the advanced search is applied to a date element: then the CSV export has an error in the network response
<p>DateTime::__construct() [<a href='datetime.--construct'>datetime.--construct</a>]:
Failed to parse time string ('2014-01-23 15:48:00') at position 0 ('):
Unexpected character</p>

no matter if filters are included or the date element is included.

Advanced search on other elements doesn't break the CSV export.

Thank you for your help and quick response.
This is an update Fabrik today.
I excluded from the extended search all dates elements but I still have the same problem on all lists if I want to extract an advanced search in csv.
I don't understand anything.

csv extraction does not work if the filters are included and if the table is subject to an advanced search. I said this is not possible, and I tested from a new installation of joomla 2.5.17 and Fabrik 3.0.9 with a completely new table and ... it still does not work. What happens?
Thank you for your help.

I tested from a brand new installation of fabrik 3.0.9 (updated on github 2014-02-13) on joomla 2.5.18 with one list and csv export of the filtered list invariably gives "No records available for CSV export"
Help ! :(

I updated yesterday at 16:30 on github and now I no longer have the message "No records available for CSV export", but ....
The message: "Export CSV complet". So now it's all the records that are exported even if the filters are included or not :(

After new update on Github today again the message "No records available for CSV export" when the list is filtered.
What happens?
Does anyone has the same problem?

Thank you very much for your response. The csv export a filtered list is really a very important and useful function in Fabrik :)

A useful detail: This problem occurs when the list is filtered on a databasejoin a CascadingDropDown, or a radiobutton.

Fixing it is on the list, but until we get some paying subscribers requesting the fix, it's way down the priority order. Sorry folks, I know this is open source, but Rob and I have to put food on the table, so we have to prioritize support for paid subs. And this is not a trivial problem, which is most likely going to take many hours resolve. If it was a simple "Community" type fix, I'd have done it by now. But in Community support, I can only afford to devote a few minutes to any given issue.

Sorry to be so crassly commercial, but it literally is about putting food on the table and keeping the lights turned on. I'd love to be able to take a day out from paid support and sort this out for you, but I can't.

-- hugh

you're right cheese. ;)
and I think that will be possible in the short to ask a paid support.

More of the same, however, I noticed that the filter does not work (not only advanced filter) when I change the display format given by "Ymd" to "d / m / Y" ........ when I download the csv page waits long without doing anything.

is due to the same problem or can I hope to find a quicker solution?

In general, you need to stick to date formats which are universally recognized, like Y-m-d, or d/m/Y (no spaces), etc when you need to do any kind of "processing" on dates. I'm not 100% sure if that will fix your problem, but in general you are much less likely to hit problems. Although on the whole we've tried over the last few years to update all our date handling code to use the newer PHP date features and the built in J! date API, and always reverse engineer the date from your format specifications, we do still have code that uses things like PHP's built in strtotime(), which only works for "well known" formats, especially in code that isn't used so much, like the CSV exporting / importing, or lesser used plugins.

-- hugh

Sorry i have indicated wrong date format.
for my list i use a tipical standard date formad "d/m/Y" (without space)..........but plugin still waits long time.........work correctly only when i use Y-m-d......
I have some hope of solving the problem?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back