• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Ajax load a detail view from a Gmap viz ?

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi there,

Using the Gmap viz, each marker can show a bubble containing a link to a detail view. The view can be opened in the same window after reloading the all page. It is also possible to open a popup window to show the details.

But the idea would be to display the detail view on the same page, let's say under the Gmap. So when clicking on the bubble's link it refreshes the underneath view to show the corresponding details. Thus being able to display details of whatever markers without refreshing the whole page.

Is this doable ? I guess using some Ajax hook to trigger a detail view load and display from a Gmap event ? did some one already achieve some thing like that ? Should the viz or the detail view be in a module ?

Any help or trick to put me on such a track will be helpful.

I've not seen anyone do that.

Off the top of my head I don't have any bright ideas, except maybe doing an iframe which loads a details view with &tmpl=component&iframe=1 appended.

-- hugh

What about putting the viz and details view into an article?

The (custom) link pointing to this article and including the rowid (...&myrow={rowid}), so you can do something like

{fabrik view=visualization id=x}
{fabrik view=details id=y rowid=[myrow]}

The problem is the "being able to display details of whatever markers without refreshing the whole page".

This is something I'd like to just add to fabrik as a feature of both lists and viz's. So on (say) a list, you can just click a row, and the details view shows up under / above the list.

I keep meaning to talk to Rob to see if the existing Fabrik window.js class, which handles the AJAX-ified popups, could be adapted so it has an option to just render as a non-popped up, fixed position "frame".

rob?

-- hugh

This is something I'd like to just add to fabrik as a feature of both lists and viz's. So on (say) a list, you can just click a row, and the details view shows up under / above the list.

Indeed, this is it. Would be a nice added value ! :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back