[SOLVED] list_X.js cannot post

Status
Not open for further replies.

OndrejH

With the same structure as with form_X.js used for list_X.js I cannot post.

function newOrderJS(){
var rowitem = 70;
var url="index.php?option=com_fabrik&format=raw&task=plugin.userAjax&method=neworderphp&rowitem=" + rowitem;
var response = '';

new Request(
{ url: url,
method: 'neworderphp', 'rowitem': rowitem,
onComplete:function(response){
if(response !== '') {
alert(response);
}
}
}).sent();
}
Is there any typo here? Any idea where to start searching?

Thank you, Troester. Sorry for the sent typo. That was the only one I do not have in the original script. If there are no other, them I am sure the problem lays somewhere else. (In reality I use the right spelling send. ... The rest of the code is my site original.)
My point is I do not get any action at all. Even with very simple script in user_ajax.php like this one:

<?php
defined( '_JEXEC' ) or die( 'Restricted Access' );
class userAjax {
public function neworderphp(){
$rowitem = JRequest::getVar('rowitem', '');
echo $rowitem;
}
}
?>

... I get no post, just GET for Fabrik's require.js

no_POST.png
I am trying to post product id (rowid in this case) from product listing to inquiry form. I tried php plugin with JS, button with JS however I struggle with two obstacles.
1st, I am not able to get the LIST rowid for one single row and submit it to be processed by "inquiry.php" (to run sql to insert it to db).
2nd, suddenly, I am not able to do what was possible with my form_X.js - i.e. to make the script posting to user_ajax.php.

to get rowid I tried with no success:
--- 1 ---
var rowitem = $('hastr_items___id_raw');
--- 2 ---
var elementname = "hastr_items___id_raw";
var myelement = listdata[0][0].data;
var rowitem = myelement[elementname];
--- 3 ---
var rowitem = listdata[0][0].data.hastr_items___id;
--- 4 ---
var rowitem = '{rowid}';
--- also no success ---

What I have pointed out while working with form_X.js in other part of site was script stopped being executed when I had used standard naming convention for Javascript like: rowItem, newOrderPHP - with Capital letters. Started working againg when I changed to lowercase.

I did not really finish testing the 4 examples above as I found I possibly do not have this list_X.js javascript posting at all.

I don't know what you want to achieve in the end and I'm not good with JS but
your code is working fine with listJS plugin
Code:
var rowitem = ids.join(',');
var url="index.php?option=com_fabrik&format=raw&task=plugin.userAjax&method=neworderphp&rowitem=" + rowitem;
var response = '';

new Request({
            url: url,
            method: 'neworderphp',
            'rowitem': rowitem,
                if(response !== '') {
                    alert(response);
                }
            }
}).send();

BTW: you shouldn't use JRequest in php, it's still working but deprecated; use
Code:
$app = JFactory::getApplication();
$input = $app->input;
$input->getString('variablename');

the problem was with:
$rowitem = JRequest::getVar('rowitem', '');

As you suggested, works with:

$app = JFactory::getApplication();
$input = $app->input;
$myrow->getString('itemrow','');

Are you sure that's correct? That third line, with $myrow, doesn't look right if you are trying to fetch a query string input from $input.

-- hugh

Sorry, Hugh, you are right. This is exactly what worked.
$myrow->$input->getString('itemrow','');

I am still struggling to get element value of particular row.
Can I get that with list php plugin via javascript code there?
It seems I do not clearly understand what is the difference between javascript of this php plugin and usage of list_X.js.
I assume javascript in the php list plugin should work with element values of particular rows. However I have not found any solution to get the element value in javascript this way yet.
Sorry for bothering you with this one. I am missing something what is possibly already described somewhere in wiki.

Of course, I have tried to use list_X.js with

however got an "undefinied" error.

With help from Matthias I was able to figure out the way the list table data are declared as:

var listdata = Fabrik.getBlock('list_123').options.data;
var rowitem = listdata[0][0].data.table___element;

With javascript from list php plugin I get value "1" which is of course correct because that is the value of the 0 in array. I get the first row value. So still not able to pick value of particular button related row.

Okey, one non-sense I did was combining the php plugin and js code instead of using just purely javascript list plugin.
Please do not waste your time on this topic. I will let you know when I figure out.

yo soy estupido. Of course, super simple. I do not know where did I pick up that idea to use the php plugin with javascript insted of purely javascript plugin.
Maybe just tired of working on the weekend.
The only correct way was to use JS List plugin with following code to call php function inside user_ajax.php:
Code:
console.log(ids);
    var response = '';

new Request(
  { url: url,
    method: 'neworderphp', 'rowitem': rowitem,
            if(response !== '') {
        alert(response);
}
        }
    }).send();

Status
Not open for further replies.