[SOLVED] DB join element don't work with auto-complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have tested this on different computers and FF, Chrome, Safari and IE, auto-complete never works. But if I change the field dropdown it works.

Here url for the related links from a working for on a J25 site compared to J34, J25 first:
Code:
component/fabrik/form/5/0?Itemid=336&referring_table=4&jos25_fb_course_registration___course_date_id_raw=96
And J34
Code:
component/fabrik/form/5?Itemid=101&referring_table=4&jos34_fb_course_registration___course_date_id_raw=96

I did send a new password direct to Hugh, as he told me.

Matt

component/fabrik/form/5?Itemid=101&referring_table=4&jos34_fb_course_registration___course_date_id_raw=96
With exactly this link I can't see any problem with the auto-complete on Kursdatum.
autocomplete.JPG

I can't see an auto-complete field (=anything to do an input) with this link, it's just a read-only field.

That's right, this it how should look even on my new site then its ready. It's a auto-complete from a joined field, so you should not enter any data here.

No idea why you are setting autocomplete in this case (autocomplete is for completing you input during typing).

Anyway:
How do you create this link?
I assume you want to set your dbjoin element ucr34_fb_course_registration___course_date_id
but in your link you are setting
jos34_fb_course_registration___course_date_id_raw
so setting nothing at all.

Auto-complete is to show the date of the course, so they pick the correct one.

The link, as I have written some times already, is a related link made in the list configuration.

"jos" was just for your display, sorry.

Ok, some points:
So Kursdatum is your dbjoin element used in the related list link and you want to show it (the label) readonly?

It's working with component/fabrik/form/5?Itemid=101&referring_table=4&ucr34_fb_course_registration___course_date_id=96

So you are correct, there's an issue with setting an auto-complete dbjoin element via
&element_raw=x
this is used in the related data link and working for dropdown dbjoins (and for auto-complete dbjoins if hidden).
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/issues/1474

But I don't see why you aren't using the working dropdown dbjoin.

Why I'm using auto-complete instead of the drop down?

It's a recommendation from the Fabrik team. The basic "problem" was that the db join element shows a list of all courses, not just the available. I only want to show course dates which maximum of attendees have not been reached and last registration date not is in the past (and some more options). The Fabrik team has no solution to that and recommended the solution I have now (working on J25).

This was my inital question.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/count-max-admissions-in-joined-db.36353/#post-183027

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back