form plugin "disappearing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

susannanam

hi all,

i have installed fabrik on a new website and created a very simple form only. the user is supposed to enter data and by clicking submit, the data is sent to the owner of the site. the user is then redirected to the homepage.

i therefore used the plugins email and redirect. i added both and entered the settings. only after a while i realized that only one at the time is visible and working. meaning i add the email plugin (all previously made settings appear immediately) and save. if i go back into the plugin area, the redirect plugin does not show at all! the email plugin now works fine. so i add the redirect plugin (also here, all previously made settings are immediately available), save, the email plugin is not visible anymore and the redirect works fine. somehow i am not able to have more than one plugin at the time. i never had that problem before! i have tried to unpublish the plugin but that does not matter. i have tried the php plugin but the same behavior. the funny thing that i realize, when i add a new plugin, the two buttons published yes/no are both "white", meaning neither one is selected. usually when i add a plugin, the published = yes is default. but what the reason of all that is, no clue :( has anyone ever experienced anything similar? does it have to do with the provider where i host the site, any setting from there site?

thanks for any hint
susanne

check your Joomla and Fabrik version. With Jopmla3.4+ you must run Fabrik 3.3.2 or the recent GitHub.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

And which Fabrik?
Can you add your site to your-sites?

BTW: Why are you installing J3.3.6 for a new site?

hi troester :)

the site is not news, i just did not use fabrik before for the site ;) fabrik i have 3.1. i have used that combination also elsewhere but did not have problems with two (or more) form plugins. what i used as a first is the captcha although it did not help to deactivate it.

I think issues like these were reported before - but "long" time ago and should be fixed.
Do you need "widgetkit"? There have been several conflicts (but I think these have been solve also)

I would
- update Fabrik (Fabrik3.1 is really not up to date)
- update JCE

As the site seems to be fairly vanilla, without much by way of "stuff" installed, I'd recommend updating to latest J!, and applying the latest Fabrik github, so you are starting out with a known quantity as far as support goes. I don't have a J! 3.3 / Fabrik 3.1 site to test anything with.

-- hugh

I think issues like these were reported before - but "long" time ago and should be fixed.
Do you need "widgetkit"? There have been several conflicts (but I think these have been solve also)

I would
- update Fabrik (Fabrik3.1 is really not up to date)
- update JCE

hi troester,

i updated to fabrik 3.3.1 and now it works! thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back