upgrade fabrik 3.0.9 on j2.5 to fabrik 3.2

raunhar

I want to upgarde a website which is on joomla 2.5x . Fabrik is 3.0.9 version.
PHP is 5.4 version

I read in another discussion that to upgrade farrik for joomla 3x version, we need to upgrade fabrik on joomla 2.5 to version 3.2

I tried it on one site, but it gave some error.

What is the best possible way to do it.

Joomla2.5 is finished at the end of 2014 so you may consider to upgrade to J!3.3, too.
In this case you have to use a Joomla bootstrap template to get Fabrik running correctly.

currently I wish to continue with joomla 2.5.
the current installed version of fabrik is 3.0.9 .How do I upgrade it to 3.2 version without getting into problems.

See rackem's link.
In the forum please mention always that you are on Joomla2.5 (Fabrik3.2 + Joomla2.5 is NOT the standard combination)

Hello, How do I upgrade from 3.0.9 to 3.3.
The version '3.2' that you suggests, it is not available for download. Only version 3.3 is enabled.

I use Joomla 2.5

This is an old thread, recent version is 3.3.2.

But it's not recommended to run Fabrik3.3.2 on Joomla2.5 anymore.
Joomla2.5 has finished it's life and the gap between versions is becoming greater.
Please mention in every post if you are running Joomla2.5

When I try to upgrade to 'Joomla 3.2.x', my current 'Fabrik 3.0.9' fails (I should uninstall 'Fabrik 3.0.9', but losing my data).
But if I try first upgrade 'Fabrik 3.0.9' in my current 'Joomla 2.5.28', fails (I should have 'Joomla 3.2.x').
So how update my current 'Joomla 2.5.28' and 'Fabric 3.0.9' without losing my data?.

Hi Troester

Another alternative could be???:

1. Install Joomla 3.4.1 from scratch and the template you are going to used.
2. Install Latest Fabrik and update with Latest github
3. Use an extension like SPTranfer to transfer everything in the new site.
4. Use phpmyadmin to move the fabrik data db tables (there is no change between 3.0.9 and 3.3.2)
5. Install the rest of the extensions.
6. Use the script to make changes in date elements and other elements.

At least for me the most difficult part is to make new fabrik work flawlessly..;-)
What do you say about this?

Thanks

I don't think it's necessary to do the SPTransfer. It's an additional step and you have to copy all custom Fabrik scripts (php plugins etc) manually. Same with custom stuff of other extensions, I don't know if SPTransfer is copying anything beside DB tables.

If you have Fabrik3.0 on Joomla2.5 (recent versions) you can just install Fabrik3.3.2 (or only do a GitHub joomla3 branch update).

Updating Joomla is only setting the Joomla update option to "short term" and update.

You have to do the Fabrik migration (dates, Fabrik templates...) anyway.

The only situation where I would start with a clean J! installation (without transfering any files automatically) would be if the site has been hacked to be sure to get rid of infected files.

Hi Troester

You suggest to make 1. Fabrik update (via Github in my site) and 2. Joomla update ?
Or it doesn't matter?

Yes.
Fabrik3.3.2+ is "compatible" with Joomla2.5 (although I wouldn't rely on it or test anything).
Whereas Fabrik3.0 is surely not compatible with Joomla3+.
In any case you should update Fabrik3.0 and Joomla2.5 to the lastest versions (Fabik3.09 and Joomla2.5.28) before upgrading.

As always: backup, use a test site...

Hi again

I did the steps as described in the wiki and it went smoothly
Not finished yet with the date, elements settings (add/edit) as I want to run your script first.
Of course there is this ugly J! problem with the cache error on filtered lists BUT I think I will use Ajaxified to overcome it..;-)
One question:
I have some Javascript simple fabrik events on some elements. I need to re-save them one by one to encode them? Because I check them and they work as expected!

Finally I run your script also and it changed everything in the db as expected.
However it created a bunch of 'bkup30' tables, obviously, because there is a function in the script who does this.
Am I right? So can I drop them if everything is ok?

Sorry for the questions but the project I am trying to upgrade is big and I need to be careful!

Cache error on filtered lists should be better with the current GitHub. Browser back is still breaking, but the form's Back button should be ok again.

JS: if it's working "as is"...
As far as I can remember
we now encode the JavaScript events when we save the element
this was done because " in the value was breaking the JS. If your JS is working there shouldn't be a difference between encoded and unencoded.
There seems to be still an issue with encoding/decoding https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/issues/1500

Post crossing;)
Yes, bckup30 tables can be removed (they shouldn't be necessary at all - assuming everybody is migrating in a sandbox:) and so having a backup anyway)

Thanks a lot Troester!
No I will start changing the layouts now in every list/form to meet the needs...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back