• New Commercial Services Section

We have now opened a commercial services section here on the forum. If you have a Fabrik project that you wish to have someone work on for you, post it under Help Wanted. If you are an application developer and wish to earn some money helping others, post your details under Fabrik Application Developers.

Both of these are unmoderated. It will be up to both parties to work out the details and come to an agreement.

[bug] Clicking on a Tag shows "No record"

oschelde

In this thread http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/clicking-on-a-tag-shows-no-record.40047/#post-201423 the same problem was addressed, but if there was a solution, it was not posted.

I'm working on a similar project and I get the same result. I can add tags, and view which tags has been assigned to a record in a list, but when I click on a tag, the list shows "No record".

The tags are also created as Joomla tags as expected, but there I also get "No record" when clicking on a tag.

The information about which tags are associated with a walkleader is saved in the table fab_walkleader_repeat_tags, but the link above points to the tags field in the walkleader table, and that field has the value of NULL for all records, which could explain why no records are shown when I click on a tag and creates a filter on that tag.

same .

It seems that the "Tags" field does not save the data in the database table. I tested by adding text into the Tag element and the database table still shows "NULL" for that element.

It seems this is a bug. It does save data in the tagify element.

I want to use the TAG element instead of the tagify aspect since the TAG element searches for the text and helps to prevent duplicate entries.

Last edited:
Hugh,

Thanks! It now filters. That's a great improvement. However, new issue. The "Clear filters" doesn't clear the filter. Clicking one tag filters correctly, clicking on a second tag does not filter because it doesn't clear the filter.

I have to refresh the page to reset it back to the original page and have the filters cleared.

Hugh,

I noticed more updates to the tags. The filtering seems to work correctly now. It appears it's just cosmetics now. When you click a tag the search box lists all of the tags instead of just the one you select. Also, when you click "clear filters" the list returns to normal but the search tags remain visible at the top.

When I download the csv file from the backend, the tags info is showing up in the column for another field. Interesting.

The "showing all tags from the record" is one of those things we could fix, but would take a lot of extra code. The way we build those additional filter rows is by piggy backing on the standard read-only detail view rendering for the element, which usually works, but in the case of tags means we show all the tags selected for that element. Working round that would mean adding a new method to all elements.

I'm not sure why it's still rendering the extra filter row for the tags after clearing filters, I noticed that as well.

Haven't tried exporting to CSV yet.

-- hugh

Hugh,

Thanks for the support and feedback in this forum. I signed up for standard support because I am always impressed by how quickly you tackle issues brought up in these forums.

When I get my database working with the tags, some elements might have many, many tags. Is there an alternative to using tags?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back