• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Bug in map visualization with content plugin

Hello,

I installed the latest Fabrik version + google map plugin.
Memory Limit = 256M
Joomla 3.4.1

I want to show a map with polyline in a detail view.
My lines are ordered by id element.

When I create a new menu pointing to the visualization everything works : 3 points with lines between them.
When I use the content plugin in a detail view with {fabrik view=visualization id=1}, I get a blank page.

The content plugin is ordered last and the map shows up properly (I get my 3 points) if I don't choose an element to order the multiline.

... seems to be a bug... ?

I can give

Thanks !

Blank page = totally blank? (not only a mising map)
Did you set Joomla error reporting to maximum?

Yep, totally blank.
I set Joomla error reporting to maximum, but nothing shows up on my blank page.
When I look at the fabrik.log.php file (with system debug on), I have
WARNING xx.xxx.xxx deprecated JDispatcher is deprecated. Use JEventDispatcher instead.
... and some sql queries.

I also have this error in the site logs :
[error] 28143#0: *4414649 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function join() on a non-object in www/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 3082" while reading response header from upstream

But no clue about where it comes from...

- Just updated from github : same problem.
- The joined list (used for markers) is a real list (not just automatic releating group) and have a default template.
- All elements of the list are set to show in list view.
- The viz have a default config, I just selected the required elements : connection, list and multiline element (id)
- My detail view also have a default bootstrap template - except for the {fabrik view=visualization id=1} tag to show the map
- form and detail view are set to process content plugin

... what else can I try ? Can you reproduce ?

Thanks for any help with this

Ok, I found the culprit : I am using a dbjoin element in the map markers's list. Once I removed this dbjoin element, everything worked.
The problem is that I need this dbjoin to filter my markers on the details view...

Can anyone reproduce that we cannot make a GG map visualization (with content plugin) if a dbjoin is in the same list than a googlemap element ?

Does this happen only if you use it as a filter, or is just the element being on the form that causes it?

-- hugh

Oops, sorry, I may got you wrong.
The error happens if I set a filter in the "Polyline element" field of the viz administration. Either dbjoin or id set as a "Polyline element" give the same error.
Yet, the error happens only if the dbjoin element is shown on the form : If I fill in the "Polyline element" and remove the dbjoin from the form, the error disappears...

Still looking for a solution... any idea please ?

Still working on it, but the problem is still there with today github update.

And other features don't work also :
- map center on middle of markers send me to some place in the great ocean while map center on last markers works
- special characters aren't properly encoded

... maybe all these are related ?

And also, you may move this thread in "pro" forum ?
Thanks

Can you please open a thread in the pro forum linking to this one to get the 'pro' attention?
(I am not on my PC so I can't move this one)

gesendet mit Tapatalk

Hello Troester and thank you for answering.
The problem is that I cannot post on the pro forum. Seems that my access hadn't changed after I subscribed the pro membership.

dod you try to log out. clear browser cache. log in again in fabrikar.com and in forums?

gesendet mit Tapatalk

Yep, logged out, cleared everything : cache, cookies and active connexions, log in... but still no access = no button to post new threads.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back