• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Chosen WIP and DBjoin in repeat group ?

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
This "select2 like" feature greatly enhance the use of dropdown or multi-select dd specially when the list is a bit complex. The users are very happy with that ! :)

It seems to not yet be available inside repeat groups (list join). Am I wrong ? If not, would this sounds doable in some reasonable time frame ?

Since I have renewed my subscription at the pro level beginning of June, maybe one could move this thread in the pro forum ?

Laurent - moved. Apologies for the delayed responses. I got diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 3 weeks, ago, apparently the neck surgery I had in November damaged my thyroid, so I've had no endocrine system all year, which dramatically affected my ability to work. I'm on thyroid meds now, and almost back to normal. Very glad to finally have a diagnosis, and that it's easily treatable. Busy catching up.

As for the 'behavior.select' stuff. We just haven't had time to look at the issues with it in repeat groups, so I really can't answer that question. That's pretty much what "WiP" is. Stuff we are experimenting with, but won't really know if it's entirely workable until we get further in to development. We'd like to make it work, as it does indeed make things a lot more usable.

Another issue is going to be triggering events when selections change. The problem being, our code is all Mootools based, but the new behavior fires jQuery events. So, for instance, at the moment it won't work as the "watched" element for a CDD, as changing the watched selection won't trigger the change event in the CDD code. And again, I can't really give an estimate on the time this will take, without actually trying out some workarounds.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Good to hear some news from you and happy that you've finally found the origin of your health difficulties. You've probably experienced an "awful year" not understanding what was going wrong and really hope the future will make you feeling much better and recover back you full life pleasure level. (I hope this sounds correct in English as I'm not comfortable enough in this language to express exactly what I would have said in French).

Regarding this post subject, I perfectly understand that it is WIP and what it means. I just wanted to know if you may have done some recent progress on it.

As the customer which is waiting for that feature is very interested, let me know if some financial participation from him may help "things comming up" sooner.

In our particular case, the related elements are regular basic dropdown ones without CDD but, indeed, inside a repeated group.

Best regards,

Laurent

Thanks - yes, it was *really* weird. Early in the year I thought I was just being slow recovering from the various surgeries last year, but my health just got worse and worse. I'm just very relieved to finally know what the problem is, and that the treatment is very effective.

"Financial participation" always helps. :)

I'll try and find some time soon to remind myself of what the issues are with repeat groups.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for looking at this one. I've updated my test site and added a simple dropdown element to a repeatable group (from a table join) but it still appears "classical" (see snapshot). The same element in a non repeatable group works as expected.
WIP is "on" both in general parameter and for this particular element.

Just to be clear, I'm not speaking about DBjoin element rendered as dropdown but about simple/regular DropDown element.

I don't see any errors or problems using Firebug.

Test site : go to the front ("Accueil"), connect using one of the login indicated, then choose the menu "AFFAIRES", sub-menu "Dossiers", edit one of them and click on the second tab ("zones"). My test is on the second row ("test chosen").

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 186
Hi Hugh,

Just noticed that you've commit some changes last thursday : https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/bc324763862d8141133fe2a471237753c09cd143

I've applied these changes to my test site and everything works fine ! Thanks a lot !

What does "couple of hours" means mathematically ? ;-) Does 250 ? sound fair to contribute to this Fabrik's enhancement ? Could you drive me to the process to your "Pay The Bills Fund" in order to make the transfer ?

Laurent

That would more than cover it. PayPal to hugh dot messenger at gmail dot com. Thanks.

That would also give you an hour or two in the bank to use on further work on the chozen stuff.

-- hugh

Payment done.

We have upgraded the production site to both the last version of Joomla and Fabrik/github. Everything is working fine. However we had to add a white space before each translation phrases in order for the search feature of the chosen to work with theses first words. Actually, if you have a long enough dropdown, you have the possibility to start typing the item you are looking for to squeeze the list. It works for all the word except the first one of a given choice. At least in this particular case where the labels are constants in the Fabrik's element whereas the right translation is displayed to the user through the standard J! language override feature.

It's not really disturbing but it would be nice if it could be fixed some time in a next update.

Thanks for your help building this project. It's a pretty big application (medical market, over 50 users, 3 languages, huge statistical data and graphs, caldav sync of appointments with Apple devices, appointments reminder through email and sms, etc...).

Many thanks.

Hmmmm. Is it possible for me to see your site, or for you to replicate that on the 'testdrive' site?

-- hugh

I have replicate it on the site indicated on "my sites".

You'll have to connect to the front, use whatever login available at the home page (user1/user1) and go to the menu "Affaires" and then "Dossiers" (in french !).

edit whatever row. There is a test chosen 2 on the first tab (non repeated group) and a "test chosen" on the second tab (repeated group). Both have the same "bug" : try to find "choix", it won't. But it'll find subsequent words. If you edit these elements (#450 & 453) and add a space on first position, it'll find "choix"....

Hi Hugh,

That works ! Thanks.

Question : using the filtering feature of the chosen dropdown with many values. If you start typing it will reduce the list on the fly to show only items with the words containing the letters you've typed. Great. But it works only if the letters are at the beginning of any words. Actually it searchs for words starting with the letters you are typing. but, if you search for "animals" and start typing "mal", it won't find it as the letters are in the middle of the word. Is this a normal behavior of the chosen lib ? Could it be easily modified ?

Problem : the dropdown element is set to have the "add" feature on front end (see setup.jpg). It works as expected on the first item of the repeated group. But if you add a new row and want to add a value in the dropdown for this new row, it will show a JS popup saying "your field is empty". Actually, when you hit the button "add" (the new value), it throw away the content of the field, thus triggering the alert. There is a js error (see capture).

If you may have a look ?....

Attachments

• setup.JPG
    setup.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 180
For the search starts with vs contains thing, I've added "Advanced options" in the global config (same place where you enabled this feature), where you can specify any of the options that the chosen widget supports, as per ...

https://harvesthq.github.io/chosen/options.html

So just specify the options you want in JSON format, which is pretty much exactly as the options are shown on that page, except you have to surround the setting name with double quotes, so like ...

{"search_contains":true,"placeholder_single_select":"Select something!",disable_search_threshold:8}

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/d0fb0be6ba5c4762cf652aa38edbefc1c052ad1c

Here's a screencast of it working ...

http://screencast.com/t/X5oYIlsb

As for the other thing ... bump this again in a few days, I'll take another hack at it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back