• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

slideshow viz php error

Ok so I 've gone through a number of threads and tested a bunch of stuff, can't get slideshow viz to work at all. Help! I can't find any instructions on how to use it in 3.2.

Looking at this now.

The setup you have at the moment probably won't work (using a join element), but there are some issues with AJAX uploads and the viz, I should get fixed soon.

-- hugh

I was following an old tutorial, either I did it wrong or the tutorial is out of date. Can you see about sorting the images too?

The "sorting images" thing I really don't have the time to do at the moment. That's "adding a new feature to Fabrik", which comes under the heading of "custom coding", and isn't typically covered by a sub. It's stuff we sometimes do if we have time, and if someone hasn't used their subscription much in a given month. But you've been hitting us up pretty hard!

If it was just a case of switching "ASC" to "DESC" in a query, I'd do it. But that would then change the sorting behavior for everyone, and I can absolutely guarantee I would immediately have people complaining about that, as their images would now sort "wrong". So it would require adding a new setting in the element options, which adds a lot of time to the task.

-- hugh

I'm still working on the slideshow stuff. Turning out to be a little more work than I thought, due to some changes in the way data is formatted in the list model, since I wrote the viz.

-- hugh

if all you need to do is flip the order the images are displayed in the "carousel" view of an image element, you could do that by overriding the carousel layout file.

Here's the the Wiki page:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/jlayouts/

So to override that carousel layout, copy ./plugins/fabrik_element/fileupload/layouts/fabrik-element-fileupload-carousel.php to ./layouts.

Edit the copy, and at line 13, where it implode()'s the images into the div formatting for output, change $d->imgs to be array_reverse($d->imgs).

-- hugh

Does what work? Can you tell me the specific issue(s) you are asking about?

I have the code open, working on the issue to do with using a join as the image, but as far as I know, the basic functionality is working, as long as it's a simple upload element, or some other textual element with a path to the file in it?

-- hugh

Slideshow viz. I could not get it to work at all. Is there a tutorial I can use to make sure it is setup correctly?

Here's a quick screencast showing a simple list with an upload element on it (and a field element for the name/legend), then the slideshow viz settings using that list, then the slideshow itself on the front end.

http://screencast.com/t/xHfhSK6z0

As I said, it works for simple cases, using "simple" uploads - not AJAX or joins to other tables with the image.

Does that work for you?

-- hugh

Well, it should be possible to create a List out of the one-to-many repeat table we create for the AJAX uploads, and use that for the viz.

However, I'm steadily working on the issues to do with AJAX upload in the slideshow viz. Basically, the AJAX feature was added after the slideshow viz was written, so the sideshow has no concept of it. It just expects a simple situation where the file path is in the element's field, it doesn't know about the one-to-many joined table stuff for the repeat AJAX files.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back