• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

list email plugin ok but not sending any list data

Goldo911

Hello, I am using the list email plugin, works fine, mail icon being displayed, then I can use it

But when I select either one or all lines and click on the mail button, the mail is not retrieving any of the list data within it's content

It is mentioning 'email one record', but when I send the mail and receive it properly, there is no data anywhere.

Tried all possible setups, none seems to work ?:(

Any idea ? my Fabrik install is quite recent from Github, I don't understand....

Hello reinstalled from github, still facing the same issue.

of course I can edit some php to access data, but then I do not understand the purpose of the list email plugin. For me it is important because I wanted to use it to submit records to approvers and change their status to 'submitted' in a given field....

In my opinion it is supposed to retrieve one or more rows from the list into an email body ? When the mail window popus it mention "1 record sent via email' but it sends no record info.

Did anybody ever try that one and face any issue ? Were you able to retrieve data from a list row without any specific coding ?

Thx. Don't know if I should upgrade to standard support to get it fixed, I would appreciate to know if people face the same issue first.

First of all BIG thx for being interested in my issue

I have a list id=4 for which I want to be able to submit one, more, or all rows by e-mail

When I select the 'email' tab in the list email plugin maybe there is something i don't understand.

I am struggling with 3 fields:

message: my understandign is thisis if I want to add a message. If I put hello I get hello by email

model: understand this is to replace the previous one with php generated stuff,if I use the default 'sample.php' here basically I get nothing: email popup happens but when I send nothing is received

content Template: so far I was leaving this one empty. if I try to fill it in,I need to selct an article and I do not really understand the meaning here...

When I select one row, I've got @ top of mailpopup: ' Email 1 record ' with a mail icon. If I select 2 I've got 2.

But I am never able to receive one or more row that reflect the data I've selected in email. If I put a hello in message, I get a mail with hello but no data from my selection If I leave all empty I receive no mail probably coz it won't send an empty mail. If I select an article in content Template welle I get a very nice article by email.

But how can I simply receive a list with the rows I've selected frommy listId=4 prior to hitting the mail icon ?

I must really be totally blond here, but I can not figure it out. Spent hours on it...:oops:

Where am I doing totally wrong ?

Thx a LOT

You need to tell us what data to include in the template by adding it as placeholders. That is, an element's full name surrounded by {}. like {yourtable___first_name}.

-- hugh

Brilliant ! THX you made my day and night. Managed now to nest several rawsin an html table using pre and postambles.
Had not caught very well how to use the plugin. Thx for explanations

Add'l related questions:
- Is there any way not to trigger the mailpopupwith the send button, but just to send the e-mail once you clicke on the envelope button displayed in the list ?
- If not, how to change the mailpopup window dimensions/characteristics ?
- Since I do update a fieldin the list to capture mail/submission action is there a way to refresh the screen/list display once the mail has been sent ? rather than doing a manual refresh screen?

With those I should have a perfect setup THX to you :). Thx for helping me again !

if you want to update an element and send an email without user input have a look at the updatecol list plugin.
See WIKI for details.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

Thx Troester and Hugh - You are both great.

Indeed update column is closer to what I wanted to achieve ! Only drawback is it does not offer the option to merge mails when multiple entries are selected, but wince it updates the values it is ideal for a workflow system.

I use it to submit expenses: I display twice the same table but when status = submitted it moves to the submitted table and can not be edited by the submitter anymore. Then the admin will either approve / reject them, in which case they will be archived, or ask for clarifications, in which case they will be released for edition and move back to the submitter editable table.

If you guys have already done that and have obvious tricks, I take them ! I did not use this update col so far. Does the job for me except for the mail merge but that's brilliant.

Tx again !

Thierry

I'm not on my PC but I thought the update col has a merge mail option.
And you don't need to copy data to a 2nd table, just use a prefilter.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

Well looked again into it yesterday did not find any merge option. Unless you have a magic trick/aternative, I think it could only be offered by evolving the plugin and my skills are too limited.

I copy data to the second table because I want people to be able to check what they have submitted and if it'll be approved or rejected but not to be able to edit the entry while it's being reviewed for approval. I don't think/now in a single table you can prevent some entries of being 'editable' if a filed 'status' is equal to 'submitted'

Prefiltering applies to displaying or not displaying an entry in a given table, but you can not prevent an idivindual line of being edited among others right ? That's why on 'submission' col update the tables would be refreshed and the entry would move from the table xhere it can be edited towards a table where it can not...

Thx again

found some trick: caneditrow and candeleterow seem to make it.

But no way to merge mail still. Also, if my colupdate plugin could be not accessible depending on field value (as canedit and candelete plugins do), it would be just excellent.

Getting closer. Learning by doing, and thx to friends -)

I know hugh: that's the email plug in. With your support I made my way through it. Was wondering if the coup date plug in would be able to merge mails when applied to multiple rows... so far got always x separate mails when selecting x rows with col update plug in mail function...

Don t know if there is a trick here. Anyway my result is not perfect but with ur help it is very close to what I want so if I am too much a pain just tell me no problem of course.

Envoy? de mon SM-G901F en utilisant Tapatalk

Well now thx to troester I use column update plug in sending mail also with it only drawback can't manage to edit column of multiple lines and send all of them in a single mail. Sorry for the confusion. Any way to merge mails here ?

Envoy? de mon SM-G901F en utilisant Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back