• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

[SOLVED] Ajax forms and updating of pages

chozma

Hi all,

Would hugely appreciate some advice on the best way to go about this one...

I have a form that allows you to create a record about an animal. You can link an animal to a mob (another word for a herd). The mobs info is stored in a separate table. If a user is adding an animal and has not yet created a mob the form creates a message with some help text.

Now here's the bit I could use some help with...

I would like to put a link in that help text to open a window (just a little pop up sort of thing, like you get when you use ajax) with the form that allows you to create the mob. Then once the user has saved the mob I would like the page they were working on to update and show the mob in a dropdown list. Of course I don't want them to create a new mob and lose any info they have already entered.

How can I go about doing this? Any snippets of code etc would be most appreciated. :D

Thanks,

Hannah

I can't think of a way to do it from the help text, but assuming your 'mob' element is a join, that's built in to the join element. "Add option on front end".

-- hugh

Wonderful, thanks! The 'add option on front end' was exactly what I needed. It never fails to amaze me how you guys have really got everything covered - its just finding out the right option to tinker with! :D

:)

Yeah, we are what you might call "feature rich", or (in old fashioned UI terminology) that we suffer from Feeping Creaturism.

Even I forget all the features, bells, whistles, dials and knobs you can twiddle with.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back