• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Free Bootstrap templates, compatible with Fabrik - please advise

AlexKite

Hi Fabrik forum,

Please advise come free responsive templates, compatible with Fabrik.
Protostar is already a little bit boring;
I've tried JA Purity III - and it doesn't work good - all Fabrik output is distorted.

I use J 3.3.6 with latest Fabrik from Github, hosted on CloudAccess.net.
PHP version is 5.3.29 - maybe this is the reason why JA Purity III fails to fetch Fabrik correctly?

Anyway, please advise another approved responsive free templates to use!

You need to use templates \ frameworks which use Bootstrap 2 or have a Bootstrap 2 compatibility mode. I believe JA Purity III is Bootstrap 3 but if I remember correctly it does have a Bootstrap 2 mode, if it doesn't then have a look at their blank templates as that's what I use.

if I remember correctly it does have a Bootstrap 2 mode
I've examined docs of Purity III but unfortunately seems it doesn't have B2 compatimility mode.

felixkat, please advise a link to:
their blank templates as that's what I use.
- my search attempts failed.
I've never heard about blank templates.
Are they free to use? Do they provide a "sticky" menu? This feature is very suitable when I have a long-long Fabrik Lists :)

I've examined docs of Purity III but unfortunately seems it doesn't have B2 compatimility mode.

felixkat, please advise a link to: - my search attempts failed.

Have a look at the 'Legacy Compatible' switch within 'General' in the template settings.

If this still doesn't work then post a screen-shot as it isn't clear what 'distorted' means and whether this is Lists or Forms.

Please can you help me to fix these disappearing buttons?
The bug exists when I use Purity III. Tested in latest Firefox and IE on different computers, even on smartphone.
With Protostar everything works fine:
proto-add-group.jpg

Well there something wrong with you Purity III template which is got overwrite css somewhere else. You need to search a code contains named hover then modify it inside your template or bootstrap template folder.

I'm using the Purity III template and Legacy mode is working well for me on Joomla 3.3.3. The only thing I see that could use an adjustment is the date / time element picker pop-up. Please see the attached snippet. I'm trying to make the popup height greater than 100px. I tried the following within \components\com_fabrik\views\details\tmpl\bootstrap_tabs; as the pic is from a tabbed detail form.
Code:
.fbDateTime.fabrikWindow {
    height: 300px !important;
}

It didn't work. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Time Picker not tall enough.PNG
    Time Picker not tall enough.PNG
    14.2 KB · Views: 484
Hi Troester.
Unfortunately, the site is on a local server only. I decided to continue with a different template and it works well with Fabrik.
I'll close this thread.

Hi Bren,
I can't find any alternative free template that works fine without bugs.
The controls are all stacked in Purity III template:
list_controls2.jpg
Bootstrap2 compatibility is turned on, but it doesn't help:
BS_2_compatible.jpg
I tried T3 Blank template but results are also distorted.
Pleas advise some free template (other than Protostar) (((

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back