Best way to create boolean switch like Joomla

baggeler

Whats the best way to create a boolean switch in a list like used in new Joomla administration templates?
Is it possible to create such an element?
BooleanToggleJoomla.png

Or Status Toggle...:
StatusToggle_LikeJoomlaBackendArticleAdmin.PNG

Creating a new element from scratch is a fair amount of work, so this would be at least half a day, probably more.

-- hugh

Any suggestions on how to proceed? Is there any wrap code for elements which I could reuse if I'd pass this to some offshore programmer? Is there some instruction on how to create a new element from scratch?

Any hints and suggestions are welcome
Bernhard

Just use an existing element like maybe YesNo, as an example to work from.

But it'd be tough for someone who doesn't have any experience / knowledge of Fabrik.

It's something we would consider doing as a paid job, though.

-- hugh

Hugh,
I am interested in going forward and have you develop this component/element can we talk?

Essencially I am looking for a easy way to have a simple status control switch element like the second image above. By preference I should be able to select the icons/values to switch but for budget reasons this could be hardcoded for now or we find an easy way to adapt. I think it would also be nice to have it fire an event where user can add his own php code (e.g. in order to make a change log or fire any other activity in relation to this status change).

Whats best, to talk here in forum or to talk by email?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back