• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Move child element to new group without unlinking

thomasmes

Say I have a list, List1 with 3 groups. I've copied List1 to List2. This generates child elements in the new list. Then I've added a new group (group4) to List1 with a couple of new elements. I do see that these new elements appear as childs in List2, but they appear in group3 of List2. The group group4 was not automatically copied to List2. I've mannulay created a new group4 for List2. Can I move the new child elements of List2 to this group without unlinking them? Or is there an other way to keep the child elements and groups of kopied lists in sync with their parents?

Last edited:
Nope.

It's a tough problem, simply because there is no parent / child relationship for groups. Or even lists. Only elements. One of those things we might get round to at some point.

-- hugh

There isn't really a good solution yet. If you really need to not unlink, and you feel brave, you could tweak #_fabrik_elements by hand in your database client of choice (like phpMyAdmin), and set the group_id for the elements in question. After backing up your database, of course!

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back