Content plugin - element not linking to details view

ontarget

Hi
I am using the content plugin to display elements in a custom html module.

The element atecicpdcourses___edcentre is meant to link to the details view - however when i try to randomise the records using the content plugin in a custom html module as shown below the elements link doesn't work (although they do display correctly and randomly). If i remove rowid=1 the element link does work but no longer random!

<div class="uk-grid">
<div class="uk-width-1-2">{fabrik view=element random=1 rowid=1 list=2 element=atecicpdcourses___edcentre}</div>
<div class="uk-width-1-2">{fabrik view=element random=1 rowid=1 list=2 element=atecicpdcourses___title}<br/>{fabrik view=element random=1 rowid=1 list=2 element=atecicpdcourses___startdate}
</div>
</div>

++++++++++++++++++++
this does work i.e the link to details view functions
{fabrik view=element random=1 list=2 element=atecicpdcourses___edcentre}
but randomizer doesnt work and it shows the record in rowid=1

Can anyone one shed any light on this please? or let me know a better way of randomising list records to display in a module
Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply - I tied using the list mod but i found it very difficult to style individual elements e.g I couldn't separate my atecicpdcourses___title element style from other elements such as atecicpdcourses___date
I'm trying to show three random entries in the module and make a 2 col layout with an image in the left col and title and date in the right col.
I made a custom template based on div layout however as the elements were grouped - i couldnt individually style the elements
<div class="fabrik_groupdata">
<div class="groupdataMsg">
<div class="emptyDataMessage" style="<?php echo $this->emptyStyle?>">
<?php echo $this->emptyDataMessage; ?>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<?php
foreach ($group as $this->_row) {
echo $this->loadTemplate('row');
}
?>
Hence i thought of using the content plugin!

It's easy to style elements in div template.
Every element has its CSS class = " full-element-name ..."
Add you CSS to custom_css.php, e.g.
#listform_$c .atecicpdcourses___title {color:red}

Use a browser dev tool to examine the CSS.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back