CDD element resets after form validation

mirceat

Hello,

Using a dbjoin element and a cdd element, both rendered as checkbox: after Submit, if there are some validation errors in form, the cdd element resets all the options and user have to untick and tick again the ticked option in the dbjoin element in order to (re)display the cdd options.

Joomla 3.4.3, Fabrik with the latest github version.

Thank you

Same problem using a cdd renderd as multi select dropdown.

To replicate: create a db join element as checkbox, one or two cdd elements rendered as multi select dropdown and one field element, all required. Tick some options in dbjoin element and select few options in cdd elements but leave the field open to get a warning message. All the values selected in the cdd will be removed and the dbjoin element will be reset.

I've tested with both ajax and without ajax validation in form, same problem

To get it correctly:
Your cdd is watching a checkbox/multiselect dbjoin?
(I didn't know that this is possible at all)

Yes, the dbjoin is set as checkbox. For each option ticked in this element, new values are "available" into the cdd element rendered as multiselect. Actually, now i have a chain cdd, the second cdd is also set as multiselect based on the first cdd element.

This is a known issue, I've spent quite a lot of time working on it ... it'll get fixed one day ...

-- hugh

As a workaround, i'm thinking to use the ajax validation in form and to disable the submit button if there are some validation errors in form. But i don't know how to disable the submit button if there are some validation errors..

Unfortunately I'm not near my computer, and I'm in last minute panic mode getting ready to fly to England for my son's wedding. I'll have another look at this issue later this week.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back