Code for simple workflow/administration list with status icons

baggeler

Can anyone post a link to the section where I can find the sample code or instruction to make a list like the image below taken from Fabrik Feature page (http://fabrikar.com/features - Build Custom Administration Interfaces)?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• admin.png
    admin.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Where did you find this example?

Status could be a radiobutton element with listview icons enabled + icons in subelement labels + list inline edit plugin...

So nothing "out of the box"

I copied the image from http://www.fabrikar.com/features ...

So I assume the example shown must be available somewhere and I'd like to build exactly administration forms like this, thats the main reason for me to use Fabrik, i.e. to simplify and thus speed up administration of existing data.

Attachments

• Fabrik_Features_CustomAdministrationInterfaces.PNG
    Fabrik_Features_CustomAdministrationInterfaces.PNG
    58.8 KB · Views: 235
Would it make sense to build a custom fabrik element for this if it is reused for lots of custom administration interfaces?
What would be the estimated effort and cost to do so?
Any tips on how to have it be flexible but simple at the same time?

Any comments?
Who is already making any easy administration lists like example above and can share some ideas?
What about having an element with multiple icons to select from? Would that be feasible at reasonable effort?

Several people have requested an on/off type element to work in lists, so I'm looking at the ones used in J!. I'll see what I can come up with.

-- hugh

Hugh, Wonderful to hear that you are looking into implementing this feature!!

I'd me more than happy to contribute a $100 to a solution that would cover my needs...

I believe a flexible status type element with icons to be a key feature to open door of Fabrik to really easily be used to make all kind of simple administration lists. By switching between status icons any record can be transformed into a workflow process going through several status. That open doors to a huge amount of new applications!

Nice to have: If you additionally fire an event to capture the time and user of change you even already have all need to build a full workflow system

Thanks Rob!

I am interested in having some custom element to be able to use as described above, beeing able to switch between icons which will represent some status.

I found the message below on the site:

Hugh is (technically) on vacation for the rest of September, travelling to Europe for his son's wedding in England, and to meet up with Rob in La Rochelle, France. He will be checking the forums most days, and providing some support, but his time will be limited, and he will be unable to do any custom coding work. Apologies in advance for any inconvenience.

I am interested in hiring some offshore developer to assist in creating the code for such element as above mentionned and would be more than willing to share this back with the community here as thank you for the great application you are offering. However as I do not program myself and know little about the internal structure of fabrik, this only makes sense if you or somebody else could commit to give me some assistence in form of answering questions regarding the project in questions of fabrik structure and best practice to go for occuring during the development. Would you or somebody be willing to share some time to assist in this project if I hire a developer?

I suggest if somebody agrees that I will first make a draft specification, publish here for getting your and others input to improve so be really clear on what to ask the developer to do.

Hello

Sorry If I wasn't clear. What I was saying is that this functionality already exists in Fabrik with the inline-edit list plugin.
Just download the plugin from the downloads section, install and publish edit.
Then edit your list, go to its plugins section, add a new 'inline edit' plugin and set it up as per your requirements. (see the wiki page for more information about the plugin's settings http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/inline-edit-list-plugin/

To be honest mentoring some developer who doesn't already know fabrik is not something that would interest me.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back