Styling a specific element in custom.css detail template

georgie

Hi

I tried to customize a specific element in custom.css detail template, to my PDF export. But without success...

I have tried this, in a lot of kind, but it does not work:

Code:
.fb_el_tablename___elementname  {
    background-color: red !important;
}

Any idea ?

THX

yeah my bad, as its a details view and not a form view you need to append "_ro" to the class name:

CSS:
.fb_el_tablename___elementname_ro  {
    background-color: red !important;
}

Ahhh, the "_ro" !!! Ok it works ! THX !

OK, but again some question about the same subject:

How to catch the label of a field? I have tried this, without success:

Code:
.fb_el_projets___titre_ro label.fabrikLabel.control-label.fabrikTip{
    display: none;
}

THX

Do you have a link to the details view?
Which template are you using for the PDF?

I can't see a Fabrik template projet_validation loading in details view, it's loading bootstrap.
It also isn't loaded if appending ?layout=projet_validation, so I assume it does not exist.

Anyway, for PDF you must select the "PDF template".

For PDF/details the label is set via
.fabrikForm.fabrikDetails .fb_el_projets___titre_ro .fabrikLabel {display:none}
or
.fb_el_projets___titre_ro .fabrikLabel {display:none!important}

Is there a reason that you don't use custom_css.php with
#$form ....
which would create more specific css (so it's not necessary to use !important)?

OK

In fact, with your last precision ("...fabrikLabel" and no just "...label"), it work !
So, to hide a label in PDF export, I use, with success:
Code:
.fb_el_TABLE___FIELD_ro .fabrikLabel{display:none;}

I have no reason to use or not use "#{$form} ...". It is just that I do not understand the difference, it work with or without. Can you explain me the difference please ?

PS:My PDF template is called "projets_validation", with a "s", sorry, my mistake.
And indeed, my detail view use "bootstrap" (it is just my PDF template which use "projets_validation").

Thanks !

The problem on my site is that the custom_css.php setting
.fb_el_TABLE___FIELD_ro .fabrikLabel {display:none;}
is overridden by the J!template
.row-fluid [class*="span"] {display:block}

so I have to be more specific or use !important

If it's working on your site, ok.

For testing the PDF layout you can append ?layout=your-PDF-layout&tmpl=component to the details view URL.
This will not necessaryly look exactly as in PDF (e.g. screen does handle float, PDF does not) - but if something is NOT working on the screen display it usually won't in PDF, too.

Last edited:
Adding the #{$form} simply makes the CSS selector more specific. $form contains the ID of the form, so will result in a CSS selector like ...

#form_7 .fb_el_foo .fabrikLabel { ...}

... which restricts the selector to those classes within the #form_7 container (in this case, elements of class fabrikLabel which are within an element of class fb_el_foo, which are within an element of ID form_7). In this case it won't make much difference, but in general when specifying custom CSS which you only want to apply to a specific form, it's best to put that in. It never hurts, and can help.

See any CSS selector tutorial for details on how CSS selection works.

-- hugh

OK thanks for details.

In fact, your details about the template give me an idea about another similar form behaviour, then a really good improvement, and then a new problem linked... I go to open a new ticket...

FYI, For debugging pdf output you can also turn on "pdf debug" in fabrik's global settings. This rendered the pdf markup in the browser window.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back