• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Multipage Form Validation

joomlamate

On a multi-page form when click the next button if the validation to any fields fails, it will stay at the same page and will put red around the failed to validate fields.
The validation error is not visible and also if the user enter some of the previously failed fields correctly but still have a few filled not correctly, the next validation check will not change the color of the correct fields.

Actually all the red fields that failed at the first validation will remain red - disregarding if most of them have now been filled right and only 1 is still wrong.

But it's really hard for the users to find which fields is still failing to validate and needs to be corrected.

So basically 2 things:
1. How to show the validation error
2. Remove the red around the fields that are correct on next validation.

How to go about these?

The validation errors are probably there, they are just inserted as tooltips rather than inline divs.

This is a behaviour of AJAX validations which we originally implemented because otherwise the form content tends to jump around in a very unappealing way, as inline divs/spans get inserted. But it's something we'll probably make optional, as it obviously isn't very intuitive that you have to mouse over the failed element to see the error message.

-- hugh

Hi, thanks for getting back ... this answers partially the question - I guess if the errors are in the tooltips, I will be able to grab and display them on another location through the template, right ?

But what is the case with any fields that had previously validation errors at first submit, then got corrected - but they still show in red - on next submits if there is still even a single field with an error ?

For example at first submit I had 5 fields with validation errors.
Then I correct 4 of the 5 and re-submit.
But instead of showing only 1 field in red, it still shows all the 5 from the first submit in red.

I mean ok, if I ll be able to make the errors shown, that will be a smaller problem, but yet, it doesn't produce the best user-experience.... In the case I won't be able to display the val.errors on another location, then this is worse... as the user is unable to find what he has to correct - and what is actually still wrong.

actually it looks like all error messages remains in the form, even if some of the fields have been corrected. Any suggestions on how to improve this a little?

It's on the list to work on. The only workaround right now is to use a tabbed form template instead of multipage forms.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back