Fileupload element, if set to upload using ajax has stopped working

chozma

Hi all,

Hope you're all doing well! I have something I could use some help/advice on...

I'm working on a desktop app (yes it's the one to do with animals that I'm always asking questions about) which isn't live yet but is part of a much larger site that is live. A lot of content got migrated to the live site over the last month and quite a few new components installed including Kunena forums.

I've now come back to the app and noticed something strange going on with the fileupload element which I am using for the animal's photo and I have set this to upload using ajax.

The problem occurs when you go to the create animal form. This form used to work just fine but now the ajax stuff is misbehaving and also affecting the javascript of the group below it (I think its the javascript anyhow).

Find attached two screenshots. The first one, 'ajax not working' shows what the form looks like when you load it up. At this point I would expect to see the add files and start upload buttons as per the second image ('what file image upload should look like'). Also I have set the mobs group bit underneath to be a min of 0 and not to show that part of the form until you click the green plus sign. But its like the javascript isn't working to do that and its just showing all the form straight away.

If I set the file upload to not use ajax it all works as I would expect. The mobs bit starts functioning as I would like the and image upload does work.

However, I really like the ajax stuff and am wondering what's gone wrong? Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Hannah

Attachments

• Ajax not working.PNG
    Ajax not working.PNG
    18.4 KB · Views: 264
  • What file image upload should look like.PNG
    What file image upload should look like.PNG
    17.3 KB · Views: 261
yup those screen shots look similar to the issue that I fixed.
So possibly updating from github will fix it.
At the same time do you see any javascript errors in your browser?

Well that's hopeful - thanks guys! :)

I did update from Git yesterday using what I thought was the latest version before posting in the hope it might fix it but no joy. I always use https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/archive/joomla3.zip. Is that the right place for this latest commit?

And yes I do have errors in Firebug, in attachment.

Thanks, Hannah x

Attachments

• javascript errors.PNG
    javascript errors.PNG
    20.4 KB · Views: 242
I did, checked the form, but it doesn't seem to be AJAX enabled. Or was I supposed to change it to AJAX? Didn't want to mess with it, without checking. Then forgot to ask you about it.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh, sorry that was my fault. I was playing around it without the ajax enabled to test it and forgot to set it back for you. So I've put it back to ajax enabled and will leave it alone now for you to look at!

I need to look at the back end ... I logged in on /administrator on that URL, but I don't see Fabrik in the extensions menu?

-- hugh

It's better if you put this stuff in your My Sites, as a) I get zillions of PM's, most of which are people trying to jump support queues or get free work, so my PM box is a mess and I pretty much ignore it, and b) putting it in My Sites means other support staff can help if I'm not available.

-- hugh

Yes, good point. Happy to do that but I cannot for the life of me see how to edit my sites details. Apologies, i am probably being thick but I've spent 10 mins hunting round and can't see it. I can see the tab on my profile for sites with my old details but no (obvious to me) way to edit the details. :oops:

How do I do it please?

http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites

Yeah, I should probably put a link to that in the profile tab. The profile thingy is just a read only version. It's actually a Fabrik list/form, and we have a little XenForo plugin that reads the table and inserts an extra profile tab in XF.

-- hugh

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you've had chance to see what's going on with this one yet?

Thanks,

Hannah
x

I'm not having much luck, no. Your page just isn't loading the plupload JS (the 3rd party library we use for the AJAX uploading), and I really can't see why. I'll have another go at it today.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh. I've just checked to make sure this isn't just an issue on the one page and it isn't. I have the same problem if I add the element to other forms.

Has anyone else complained about this issue at all since Rob did a fix? Do you think it's something peculiar to my site's set-up? If so I can implement a work around for now and come back to this issue later and see if it's any of the other components we have installed that's causing the plupload JS to not load.

Nobody else is reporting this issue, and I can't replicate it here.

BTW, the site details seem to have disappeared from your My Sites, and I think I deleted your PM. I tend to empty my PM box once a month or so.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back